Disaster Recovery (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General

TracerB -> Disaster Recovery (18.Aug.2010 6:53:03 PM)

This is Exchange 2000 and MS clustering (from about 9 or 10 years ago).
Our organization had a shared raid array with clustering fail. We might be able to get the backup files, but I can't trust this array anymore so we're looking for a temporary solution to get us by until the new Exchange solution which was in budgeting stage is in place. So We spun up a new server and installed with the disaster recovery switch as the same server name. Exchange is running and we have a blank priv1.edb database in place and mounted, however we've run into a wall. The SMTP service was a clustered service before. Well the cluster is gone because the shared storage it lived on is gone. I didn't get a chance to evict nodes and remove clustering services. Even when we create a new SMTP virtual server under protocol, it says it needs the clustering service. How do we create an SMTP virtual server as a standalone, non-clustered service. It seems like that's the last step before mail starts flowing again... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

irene234 -> RE: Disaster Recovery (13.Nov.2015 12:25:35 AM)

For backup you can use "Cloudbacko Pro" software as Cloudbacko Pro can Support continuous backup of database and individual mailboxes. Thus to know more about this software follow the link :

maianh04 -> RE: Disaster Recovery (23.Jun.2017 8:47:14 PM)

There are things I can not understand but I will learn it. I think nothing is too late. Then I realized that I had improved a lot.
http://colorswitchplay.com

Page: [1]