• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

unable to open Public Folder in Outlook 2007 after migrating from Exchange 2003 to exchange 2007

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Migration >> unable to open Public Folder in Outlook 2007 after migrating from Exchange 2003 to exchange 2007 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
unable to open Public Folder in Outlook 2007 after migr... - 21.Aug.2010 8:13:06 PM   
leonardg

I have recently migrated Exchange 2007 on Server 2003 and Exchange 2003 on Server 2003 domain controller to SBS2008 (which comes with Exchange 2007).

I successfully moved mailboxes to SBS2008 Exchange 2007 and all is working, except user cannot open Public Folders> Public Contacts in the Outlook 2007 (or any other ones)
They get error "cannot display the folder. Microsoft Outlook cannot display the  specified folder location.

When I run Microsoft Excahnge Console> Mailbox> Public Folders> right click and choose Apply or Apply link on the right, I get following errors:

Summary: 1 item(s). 1 succeeded, 0 failed.
Elapsed time: 00:00:00

Apply Public Folders
Completed

Warning:
The recipient "wsi.local/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/Closed Leads" is invalid and could not be updated.

Warning:
The recipient "wsi.local/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/OAB Version 2" is invalid and could not be updated.

Warning:
The recipient "wsi.local/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/OAB Version 3a" is invalid and could not be updated.

Warning:
The recipient "wsi.local/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/OAB Version 4" is invalid and could not be updated.

Warning:
The recipient "wsi.local/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/Offline Address Book - \/o=WSI\/cn=addrlists\/cn=oabs\/cn=Default Of" is invalid and could not be updated.

Warning:
The recipient "wsi.local/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/Public Contacts" is invalid and could not be updated.

Exchange Management Shell command completed:
update-AddressList -Identity '\Public Folders'

Elapsed Time: 00:00:00

I have pub1.edb and pub1.stm files from the Exchange 2003 server. I tried mounting then by replacing current public database with pub1.edb, but Exchange Manager Console wold not do it and display an error message.

Please help in fixing this situation.
Post #: 1
RE: unable to open Public Folder in Outlook 2007 after ... - 12.Sep.2010 10:25:45 AM   
pjhutch

Normally, you would use the Replicateallfolders.ps1 script to replicate public folders from your Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 server public folders. Have you done that?

Peter Hutchison MCP
Exchange Administrator
University of Huddersfield

(in reply to leonardg)
Post #: 2
RE: unable to open Public Folder in Outlook 2007 after ... - 12.Sep.2010 8:57:45 PM   
leonardg

I did not use the script, where do I find it?

Leonard

(in reply to pjhutch)
Post #: 3
RE: unable to open Public Folder in Outlook 2007 after ... - 13.Sep.2010 5:49:20 AM   
pjhutch

Correction, it is called MoveAllReplicas.ps1 which is in
C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Scripts

Article:
http://msmvps.com/blogs/andersonpatricio/archive/2007/10/30/moving-all-replicas-from-an-exchange-server-2003-to-an-exchange-server-2007.aspx

Peter Hutchison MCP
Exchange Administrator
University of Huddersfield

(in reply to leonardg)
Post #: 4
RE: unable to open Public Folder in Outlook 2007 after ... - 2.Jan.2012 12:23:32 AM   
mikeleena

There could be errors in your pst file use scan.pst. if you still face error then you can contact outlook PST Experts

(in reply to leonardg)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Migration >> unable to open Public Folder in Outlook 2007 after migrating from Exchange 2003 to exchange 2007 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter