• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Delete email action not pushing to iphone / ipad

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Mobility >> Delete email action not pushing to iphone / ipad Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Delete email action not pushing to iphone / ipad - 23.Aug.2010 9:52:09 PM   
tpang13

the Setup:
Hub Transport + CAS x 3, Mail Store x 2. PushMail working properly.

the problem:
In outlook after we delete the email, the action is not push to iphone, which means the email still there until 8 mins or new email arrived

PS. should not be related to firewall HTTPS timeout, because this problem happen on internal (connect wifi with iphone via LAN) or external (iphone using 3G network to connect via Firewall)

< Message edited by tpang13 -- 23.Aug.2010 10:13:35 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Delete email action not pushing to iphone / ipad - 25.Aug.2010 4:33:39 AM   
rishishah

I take it that this is only happening on the ipad/iphone and that WIndows Mobile is fine?

When you delete a mail in outlook this action is not sent instantly to the phone, but it is simply waits till there is another action like a new mail or cal or contact update to save bandwidth.

try the following:

1) What happens if you force a sync on the iphone after you delete the mail in outlook.
2) Is the mail deleted from the phone if you delete the mail in OWA? I ask this because outlook may be working in cached mode and hence will not be instantly sending its changes back to the server.
5) Delete a ail in out, force a sync in outlook, wait for this to complete, send a new mail to that mailbox. Has the deleted mail disappeared off the phone?

Rishi Shah, MCP

Remember to backup before applying the advice. www.saiconsult.co.uk. Happy to provide Professional Exchange Server Consultancy to anywhere in the world.

(in reply to tpang13)
Post #: 2
RE: Delete email action not pushing to iphone / ipad - 25.Aug.2010 6:27:02 AM   
tpang13

not sure about windows mobile, we dont have one for testing

1) if i click the refresh button on iphone, the email gone, because this fetch , not push
2) yes. delete in OWA already avoiding the cache mode issue
5) yes. all mail gone then got new mail

i just wondering if this related to CAS and HT are split out from MailStore. as i remember it is working in all in one exchange (HubTrans+CAS+MailStore)

< Message edited by tpang13 -- 25.Aug.2010 6:28:19 AM >

(in reply to rishishah)
Post #: 3
RE: Delete email action not pushing to iphone / ipad - 25.Aug.2010 8:49:45 AM   
rishishah

OK fine...so deleteing mail is reflected at some point (forced refresh or new mail/cal/contact/task)...basically anything that tells the phone please perform a sync.

Upon deleting a mailin outlook, activesync will NOT force a mobile device to force an immeiate sync as this is a waste of bandwidth for the protocol. Its just default behaviour.

Any reason why you would like deleted mail to be reflected immediately?

Rishi Shah, MCP

Remember to backup before applying the advice. www.saiconsult.co.uk. Happy to provide Professional Exchange Server Consultancy to anywhere in the world.

(in reply to tpang13)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Mobility >> Delete email action not pushing to iphone / ipad Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter