• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

forwarding emails from 1 domain to another

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> forwarding emails from 1 domain to another Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
forwarding emails from 1 domain to another - 30.Aug.2010 1:18:13 PM   
Knudmt

Hello all,

this is hopefully a simply issue to resolve. I have two domains registered we will call them www.domain1.com and www.domain2.net. All traffic is directed to www.domain2.net. my exchange server has the email boxes set up and ready to go for domain2.net.

Is there a way to forward all mail from domain1.com to domain2.net in exchange?? I realize that an MX record would need to be created at my ISP (but that takes all of 2 minutes.)

The issue is that domain1.com is hosted offsite, for now. but I will be migrating to our inhouse server (which hosts domain2.net) in the next few days.

Keep in the mind both domains will be hosted on the same server.

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: forwarding emails from 1 domain to another - 30.Aug.2010 2:42:04 PM   
Knudmt

ok so I might have come accross a way to fix this. pulled this from my handy SBS 2k3 R2 book.

Setting the Reply to Address

If you need to change the reply to address on your outgoing e-mail, either for an individual user or for everyone, you can easily do it. You can also use this process to add e-mail domain addresses that exchange server will recognize as your and eaccept e-mail for.

1. Select your exchange server in the advanced management section
2. double-click recipients
3. double-click recipient policies
4. double-click default policy
5. click email addresses tab
6. To add an additional SMTP address, click new
7. Select SMTP as the address type for normal internet e-mail addresses and click OK.
8. Type the new address you want to receive mail for in the form of @domainName.com

(in reply to Knudmt)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> forwarding emails from 1 domain to another Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter