• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Installation issues

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Installation issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Installation issues - 4.Sep.2010 5:45:07 AM   
stuarta

Hi,

I'm just trying to do a new install of Exchange on SBS 2003. Admittedaly I'm doing this in a VMServer session to mimic a proper install I need to do, but pretty sure everything is correct.

I've have pointed the MX record on my host to my external IP address and that is all ok. I've configured the SMTP connector to use DNS to deliver emails. I've created an A record for mail to my local mail server IP.

I can send emails out to my gmail account, but when I reply, they don't arrive, although I don't get any NDR's back to gmail to say there was an issue.

On another account I'm trying to send it, I just get an NDR back saying there was an SMTP communications problem with the recipient's email server and the message was rejected and not delivered.

I'm kind of thinking that it's something stupid and simple that I have missed but I can't find it anyway.

I would really appreciate some help with this issue.

Many thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Installation issues - 4.Sep.2010 6:12:24 AM   
stuarta

ok update to this. Just realised the port 25 was blocked on my router. I opened that and I'm able to receive email from mg gmail account, but I'm still getting the same error to another domain.

(in reply to stuarta)
Post #: 2
RE: Installation issues - 4.Sep.2010 6:35:45 AM   
stuarta

ah further update. Just noticed that the messages to the domain that are being rejected, it appears that my ip address is being blocked on a list. I'm guessing I will need to sort a new external ip address from my host

(in reply to stuarta)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Installation issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter