• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Select reply email address in OWA

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Outlook Web Access >> Select reply email address in OWA Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Select reply email address in OWA - 20.Sep.2010 5:25:14 AM   
ffidx

Hi,
I am using Exchange 2010.
I've set my exchange server to act as mail server for two internet email domains (abc.com and xyz.com). I've users which received both domain's email, like user ffidx which is originally on AD domain (abc.local) and I've set two email addresses which are ffidx@abc.com and ffidx@xyz.com. I've set these through "exchange management console"->"Recepient Configuration"->"Mail box"-> and take the property for user ffidx and select "E-mail Addresses" tab and "Email addresses" ffidx@abc.com and ffidx@xyz.com. and I make "set as reply" to ffidx@abc.com.

This configuration works great and I can receive any email from any domain to addresses ffidx@abc.com and ffidx@xyz.com but when I want to send an email by using ffidx@xyz.com (which is not set as default reply address) email is going through ffidx@abc.com.
For using ffidx@xyz.com I've to change it from "Exchange Management Console" but I know this is not the solution. Is there any way user can select reply address when using Outlook or OWA?

Please guide me
Post #: 1
RE: Select reply email address in OWA - 20.Sep.2010 8:33:09 AM   
rishishah

OWA uses the default address that you can see in the EMC.

Outlook when using an Exchange Configuration does the same.

But you could do this with Outlook and IMAP - Messy

Or failing that you create two Mailboxes (one for abc.com and one for xyz.com) and use Send As permissions which would allow you to choose which mailbox to send the mail from, but you will simply have to set one of the mailboxes to forward mail to the other mailbox and use this as your default mailbox...

Rishi Shah, MCP

Remember to backup before applying the advice. www.saiconsult.co.uk. Happy to provide Professional Exchange Server Consultancy to anywhere in the world.

(in reply to ffidx)
Post #: 2
RE: Select reply email address in OWA - 22.Sep.2010 7:04:07 AM   
ffidx

Thanks rishishah,

I've took your 2nd suggestion and now I've create two accounts, one for abc.com and another for xyz.com.

Thank you.

(in reply to rishishah)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Outlook Web Access >> Select reply email address in OWA Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter