• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Not receiving external meeting invites

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Not receiving external meeting invites Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Not receiving external meeting invites - 21.Sep.2010 9:02:37 AM   
dsyncd

My company is Mac oriented (mail and ical). We are able to send and receive invitations for meetings within the domain on existing accounts but we don't receive any invites from external emails. The server shows that the messages are being delivered however they don't show up in OWA or the mail application. Also, I created a test email account and it was able to send and receive emails from an external domain. Is there a setting we are overlooking?
Post #: 1
RE: Not receiving external meeting invites - 21.Jul.2011 5:09:56 PM   
atguilmette

*BUMP* Anyone else ever have this issue? I've got it right now on an Exchange 2010 environment with Mac clients.

(in reply to dsyncd)
Post #: 2
RE: Not receiving external meeting invites - 21.Jul.2011 9:11:57 PM   
Ytsejamer1

that's an interesting problem...so your new user works as it should...and I'm assuming the test user is on a Mac client as well?

I'm wondering if you have some oddball configuration on the client side...what app are your Mac users using?  Entourage, Outlook 2011 For Mac, etc?  How do they connect to Exchange?

Perhaps this might offer some things to check...
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/exchangesvrgeneral/thread/6499844a-a80b-475a-b16f-79b5f72d69bf

< Message edited by Ytsejamer1 -- 21.Jul.2011 9:13:58 PM >

(in reply to atguilmette)
Post #: 3
RE: Not receiving external meeting invites - 21.Jul.2011 11:28:30 PM   
atguilmette

Thanks for the reply. I actually found the issue. The customer was actually connecting to Exchange 2010 via Mac Mail, since their version of Entourage didn't support EWS.

Things I tried:
- Sending multiple meeting requests from both internal and external senders (never showed up in Inbox, but always Tentative on calendar)
- Checking external spam filter for caught invitations (nothing)
- Checking OL Junk Mail for caught invitations (nothing)
- Checking calendar properties in Exchange (default settings for normal user)
- Checking calendar properties in Outlook to see if resource mailbox settings had ever been configured (default settings for normal user)
- Checking MTA Logs for delivery issues (reported that the StoreDriver had delivered successfully to target user; never received NDRs at sender email address)

What finally triggered it was that I scheduled 2 meetings to happen at the same time and received a conflict notice in the target user's mailbox. The issue ended up being that the user had used Outlook to configure a *delegate* and only the delegate was receiving the meeting notice emails (per option set in Outlook).

The user had never communicated this to anyone and had been living quietly with the problem for quite some time--it only was brought to our attention this past week. Likewise, the delegate never thought twice about reporting it, even when they saw dozens of calendar invitations labelled "Test -- Please respond."

< Message edited by atguilmette -- 21.Jul.2011 11:29:41 PM >

(in reply to Ytsejamer1)
Post #: 4
RE: Not receiving external meeting invites - 22.Jul.2011 8:44:31 AM   
Ytsejamer1

ah...delegates.  The bane of meeting attendees everywhere.  It's funny...exchange is doing exactly what they should be with delegates, but it drives administrators mad trying to figure out why something is happening "on its own" - according to users.

Thanks for the feedback on the thread.  Good to know your troubleshooting steps and whatnot.

(in reply to atguilmette)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Not receiving external meeting invites Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter