Uninstall of Exch 2007 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation

ltollefs -> Uninstall of Exch 2007 (23.Sep.2010 4:00:23 PM)

I have installed Exchange 2007 SP3 on a Win2k8R2 server std x64 in a mixed environment. We have 2 Exch 2003 servers in place and have had no issues with them.

The problem I am having is that mailboxes that have been migrated to the new server can't see Free/Busy time info. I have attempted to apply the myriad fixes posted to the internet but to no avail, and I have no idea if i've componded the issue whist trying to fix it.

At this stage I feel the best next course is to uninstall 2007 and start fresh.

Can I simlpy uninstall Exch 2007 from "Programs and Features" and start again, or are there any preliminary steps required in order to leave the healthy Exch 2003 environment intact?

Thanks!!

John Weber -> RE: Uninstall of Exch 2007 (23.Sep.2010 6:59:10 PM)

Did you force PF replication FROM the 2007 side at the 2003? Did you force PF replication from 2003 to 2007?

IMHO/E, you need to do both or f/b does not work.

ltollefs -> RE: Uninstall of Exch 2007 (24.Sep.2010 4:51:51 PM)

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. We had performed the replication, but the issue persited. Then we found this...

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb397225(EXCHG.80).aspx

Our problem was that Integrated Windows authentication was in fact disabled. Enabling it was all it took to see others free/busy info. Until we found the technet page, in 2 days of searching, none of the documents we read had any mention of it.

As ours was, I would think, a text book "transition", I'm suprised at how many hoops we had to jump through to get this server operational. I hope I win a lottery before we move to Exch 2010. Which, at speed we adopt new technology, shouldn't be any later than 2017.

Thanks for your help.

Page: [1]