• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange SP1 to SP3 - windows server 2003 R2 x64 EE

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Exchange SP1 to SP3 - windows server 2003 R2 x64 EE Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange SP1 to SP3 - windows server 2003 R2 x64 EE - 24.Sep.2010 6:26:09 PM   
john.leonard

Hi - I saw this article on Deploying Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3 on a Windows 2008 R2 box -

http://www.msexchange.org/articles_tutorials/exchange-server-2007/management-administration/deploying-exchange-server-2007-service-pack3.html

Anything out there for Windows 2003 R2x64 EE box?

We have three Exchange sp1 machines in our environment - one is giving us some memory issues. We are hoping that the SP3 will resolve this.

We are running CA/HUB/MB roles -

I understand we have to update the schmea?

Any step by step guides for this platform?

Please advise.

Thanks.

-John
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange SP1 to SP3 - windows server 2003 R2 x64 EE - 25.Sep.2010 3:11:45 AM   
Pocket

This article is really describing how to install Exchange 2007 SP3 on Server 2008 R2, as prior to SP3 it was not possible to do this.

For instructions on how to upgrade an existing installation, the release notes have got it pretty much covered:

Release Notes for Exchange Server 2007 SP3

Exchange 2007 SP3 does include some additional schema changes, so you will need to update the schema before you upgrade:

How to Prepare Active Directory and Domains

(in reply to john.leonard)
Post #: 2
RE: Exchange SP1 to SP3 - windows server 2003 R2 x64 EE - 9.Nov.2010 7:28:47 PM   
john.leonard

Thank you  - do you  know of any additional information that we may need?
One of  our engineers mentioned that the Windows Installer also needs to be updated?

On the update of the AD schema - how soon do we have to run the SP3 update after we update the schema - we have multiple servers in different parts or the US and EU - is it possible to run one server SP3 and the other servers SP1?

Please advise or can you point to additional information?
Thanks
-John

(in reply to Pocket)
Post #: 3
RE: Exchange SP1 to SP3 - windows server 2003 R2 x64 EE - 10.Nov.2010 7:43:59 AM   
pjhutch

1. Yes, Windows Installed needs updating from 3.1 to 4.5 before installing either service pack 2 or 3. A reboot will be required.

2. A schema update will be required, so use a admin user thats a member of the Schema Admins and Enterprise Admins group in AD.

3. When doing SPs, always do the Client Access, Hub Transport and UM servers before doing the Mailbox roles (if on seperate servers).

Peter Hutchison MCP
Exchange Administrator
University of Huddersfield

(in reply to john.leonard)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Exchange SP1 to SP3 - windows server 2003 R2 x64 EE Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter