Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 Unified Communications SSL Cert (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Outlook Web Access

Allen45417 -> Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 Unified Communications SSL Cert (29.Sep.2010 12:38:20 PM)

We are currently running Exchange 2003 and will be upgrading to Exchange 2010.  For a while, we plan on having the two versions coexist.  I’m in the process of getting the Unified Communications SSL Certificate for the new Exchange 2010 server, and I’m a little confused on which names I need to include in the cert.

Currently, the Exchange 2003 server’s internal name is “exchange2.internalnetwork.com”.  Users can access OWA and ActiveSync on this server by going to “mail.external.net”.  They can also access OWA and ActiveSync by going to “mail.external2.com”, but then they are redirected back to “mail.external.net”.  The current SSL cert is for “mail.external.net”.  The Exchange 2010 server will be named “exchange3.internalnetwork.com”.

With that said, I’ve come up with two lists of names that I may need to include.  I believe the first group has the names I need to include, but I wanted to be sure and get some clarification.

Group 1:
exchange3.internalnetwork.com
exchange3
autodiscover.internalnetwork.com
legacy.internalnetwork.com
mail.external.net

Group2:
mail.external.net
autodiscover.external.net
legacy.external.net

Page: [1]