• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Designing a Site Resilient Exchange 2010 Solution (Part 1)

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> Designing a Site Resilient Exchange 2010 Solution (Part 1) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Designing a Site Resilient Exchange 2010 Solution (Part 1) - 5.Oct.2010 8:39:20 PM   
turbomcp

Hi Henrik
first of all ,very interesting article as always:)
i have a question regrading this article
if a complete failover occur(primary datacenter has gone down)
and the cas array outlook1-..... was set on the databases before the failure, how will the client connect if we dont change the dns settings of outlook1-.... to point to the new(used to be passive) cas array or change the cas array for databases to point to outloo2 instead of outlook1-... ?

Thanks
found the answer
my bad
sp1 has introduced changes that make this trasition seamless based on three items one of which is database activation preference.BUT this thing requires autodiscovery service which will not work for outlook 2003.

< Message edited by turbomcp -- 14.Oct.2010 12:47:45 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Designing a Site Resilient Exchange 2010 Solution (... - 21.Oct.2010 3:12:36 PM   
kjhofa

Henrik

If I have a active\passive DAG that is stretched across two AD sites, and i am using a single DNS name space (mail.mydomain.com) in the event i need to mount a copy of a database in the DR datacenter, those users who now access there mailbox in the DR datacenter would still use the same DNS name space for EAS,ECP,OWA,Autosidcover. My understandind is the request from the outlook 2010, EAS,or OWA client will hit the NLB cas servers configured at the internet facing AD site. If the mailbox is located on a mailbox server in the DR site, then the internet facing CAS servers will proxy the request to the DR cas servers. As long as the internalur and external url have been configured correctly on the DR cas servers then the proxy request should work. Therfore i dont understand why you suggested that EAS, and OWA would not work, when a database has been mounted in the DR site?

(in reply to turbomcp)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> Designing a Site Resilient Exchange 2010 Solution (Part 1) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter