• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

What is the step I'm missing? No Exchange options in AD

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> What is the step I'm missing? No Exchange options in AD Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What is the step I'm missing? No Exchange options in AD - 6.Oct.2010 8:24:22 PM   
twallace12

I've been trying to set up a working Exchange 2010 system and I keep running into the same problem -- AD doesn't seem to know about Exchange 2010. When I add a user in AD, there are no tabs for Exchange as I'm used to.

This is my setup:
DC01 -- Server 2008 domain controller
EXCHANGE -- Server 2008 with Exchange 2010 SP1 successfully installed (after all the hotfixes)

I fire up Active Directory Users and Computers on EXCHANGE and although I can add a new user, there are none of the usual tabs for Exchange General, Exchange Advanced, etc., that would tell me that I have successfully installed Exchange.

What step am I missing?
Post #: 1
RE: What is the step I'm missing? No Exchange options i... - 6.Oct.2010 8:50:36 PM   
John Weber

Lessee, the part that since Exchange 2007 was called Exchange 12 DF1, there has been no DSA.msc integration? E2010 has continued that.

You need to get very familiar with the Exchange Management Console (EMC) annd the Exchange Management Shell (EMS).

YMMV. If you successfully installed e2010 with sp1, then AD knows all about your Exchange and you are simply looking in the wrong spot for your KCI.

John Weber [Lync MVP] http://tsoorad.blogspot.com

(in reply to twallace12)
Post #: 2
RE: What is the step I'm missing? No Exchange options i... - 6.Oct.2010 8:57:09 PM   
twallace12

Got it. I skipped Exchange 2007 so I'm trying to catch up.

It looks to me like after I add a user in AD, I go to Exchange manager, go to the Recipient section, add a mailbox, and associate that with the user.

Am I on the right track?

(in reply to John Weber)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> What is the step I'm missing? No Exchange options in AD Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter