• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Deleted User stuck in distribution group

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Management >> Deleted User stuck in distribution group Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Deleted User stuck in distribution group - 9.Oct.2010 11:35:51 AM   
jstumbo82

We have a situation with one of our dynamic distribution lists based on a query.  It is querying an OU, and getting all people in that OU that do not have a particular address.

Works just fine, except that when people send to that distribution group, they get a bounce saying that says:

IMCEAEX-_O=MYCOMPANY_OU=Seattle_cn=Recipients_cn=JKaikoa@mycompany.com
#550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##

The thing is that this user does not exist in AD.  He was a former employee and his account got deleted before I was here.  Seems strange that a query on an OU for a dynamic distribution list would come up with a user that does not exist anymore.

When I query the dynamic list in EMS, it does not list this user.  I thought maybe someone had email that was forwarding to this person, so I generated a list of everyone that had their email forwarded and who it was being forwarded to, and he does not show up on that list either. 

Any ideas where it is getting this user from?  Any ideas how to remove him short of modifying the query that the distribution list is based on to exclude him.

TIA
Jim
Post #: 1
RE: Deleted User stuck in distribution group - 9.Oct.2010 2:15:54 PM   
pjhutch

Personally, I would delete the list and re-create it again using same filter and see if the error occurs again.

Peter Hutchison MCP
Exchange Administrator
University of Huddersfield

(in reply to jstumbo82)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Management >> Deleted User stuck in distribution group Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter