• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Outlook and Exch 2010 Slow performance

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Outlook and Exch 2010 Slow performance Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Outlook and Exch 2010 Slow performance - 11.Oct.2010 10:43:07 AM   
Dalcow

I was using O2010 with Ex2003 and had no issues. When we changed over to Ex2010 we began to notice that Outlook was just slow. It would take up to 5-10 secs to change from one email to the next, you can it send and it would hang there for a few seconds and then go, etc. This did not happen with every email, but was consistent enough to cause several helpdesk submissions. Through all of this on some occasions you would get the message pop up that Outlook was trying to communicate with Exchange, again not every hang or slow send would trigger the communiate message.

Setup: all clients are Win7 Ent 32bit. Servers (DC's) are 2008. Exchange is split into CAS and Mailbox servers (we use ISA and that handles the Edge). These are both on Hyper V server that has 6 CPU's and 64 Gb of RAM. Also on that Hyper V server are 2 BES servers both using 2 Gb of ram. The mailbox server had 12Gb and CAS 8Gb. We have approximately 800 users on it. Hyper V server is backended by a Fibre channel SAN all hooked to a Gig switch.

If I look at the memory usage of the exch servers in the middle of the day they are both hovering in the 80%+ usage range. I have added more ram but have not had a normal day yet to see what difference that makes. Any other ideas as to why this is happening? Any more info needed just let me know and I will provide what I can.
Post #: 1
RE: Outlook and Exch 2010 Slow performance - 11.Oct.2010 5:05:19 PM   
Jesper Bernle

Is everything updated with the latest patches from Microsoft Update?

(in reply to Dalcow)
Post #: 2
RE: Outlook and Exch 2010 Slow performance - 14.Oct.2010 5:55:06 AM   
Jet1337

i was getting same but after updated it is fine now.

ASPnix Client

(in reply to Jesper Bernle)
Post #: 3
RE: Outlook and Exch 2010 Slow performance - 21.Oct.2010 9:45:18 AM   
rishishah

Remember dont rely on looking at memory on an Exchange Server.

Exchange Store for example will try to use as much memory is avaliable to it as possible so that the database is avaliable a lot more quicker.

Like others have suggested have all patches for Windows and Exchange been applied?

Run the performance analyser for Exchange from the EMC and see what you get from that. If there are no performance issues there then its not the exchange configuration itsself.

However i have a feeling that as this is a Hyper-V server it has something to do with the Network, obvisouly the Hyper-V server, Mailbox, CAS and 2 BES servers are all sharing the same physical network adaptor...

Rishi 

< Message edited by rishishah -- 21.Oct.2010 9:52:11 AM >

Rishi Shah, MCP

Remember to backup before applying the advice. www.saiconsult.co.uk. Happy to provide Professional Exchange Server Consultancy to anywhere in the world.

(in reply to Dalcow)
Post #: 4
RE: Outlook and Exch 2010 Slow performance - 24.Jul.2012 1:57:20 AM   
Mariadescarte

First of all you should know the reason behind this problem . The main reason behind the slow process are -
1. Outlook memory has a memory limit of 10 GB. Once this memory is exceeded then your PC speed will be compromised.
2. Sometimes using local antivirus software slows down the speed of PC.
3.People uses indexing in Outlook to scve their time . But after corruption of indexed file , Outlook takes a lot of time in indexing that file and hence your PC speed get slows down.

In order to fix this error , if you are using Exchange server 2003, you should updgrade the version to 64 bit Exchange Server.If your pst file is over sized , you should use pst2gb.exe tool . Or for quick result, you can use third party software PST Repair Software uses high scanning algorithm to scan yous corrupted and damsged pst file and thus enhance your system's performance.

For More information , Visit : http//:www.scanpstexedownloadmicrosoft.com

(in reply to rishishah)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Outlook and Exch 2010 Slow performance Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter