• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Trixbox CE on Standalone Messaging Server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Unified Messaging >> Trixbox CE on Standalone Messaging Server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Trixbox CE on Standalone Messaging Server - 19.Oct.2010 8:48:16 PM   
LeFiles

Hello All,

I am new to the Exchange 2010 Messaging Server Forum. I would like to install Trixbox CE on my Standalone Exchange 2010 Messaging Server which has the Beta Windows Small Business Server 7 as it's DNS.

I am interested in Markus Klein's MSExchange.org articles "How to configure United Messaging with Asterisk SIP Gateway-Part 1: Preparations for United Messaging on Exchange Server 2010" and "Part 2:How to configure United Messaging with SIP Gateway."

Markus Part 2 Article discusses downloading the Trixbox CE free ISO file and installing Trixbox CE on a virtual VSphere ESX machine.

I would like to install Trixbox CE on a Physical Exchange 2010 Messaging Server that runs on Windows 2008 Server R2 instead. However, when I download the Trixbox CE ISO file and then burn it as a DVD with an Bootable Image, I am unable to run setup after I open the program files. When I try to run setup, it tells me that I need to Burn the files that have already been burned with a Bootable Image.

I was hoping to find a "link to Markus Klein's Web Site or his email address to ask for help or suggestions", but he has not made them available.

If anyone understands where my problem lies with the 'Bootable File", I would really any help. Thank you for your time.

Eddie LeFiles
Post #: 1
RE: Trixbox CE on Standalone Messaging Server - 20.Oct.2010 3:13:33 PM   
John Weber

I am thinking that you should keep the trixbox iso far away from your Exchange server unless you feel like rebuilding your email system.

John Weber [Lync MVP] http://tsoorad.blogspot.com

(in reply to LeFiles)
Post #: 2
RE: Trixbox CE on Standalone Messaging Server - 10.Dec.2010 1:37:41 PM   
yguelce

LeFiles, Trixbox is CENTOS base and can't install on Windows OS. You'll need to build a new box just for Trixbox then configure it to work with Exchange server.

(in reply to John Weber)
Post #: 3
RE: Trixbox CE on Standalone Messaging Server - 5.May2011 8:39:55 PM   
bernied

Take a look at 3CX PBX V.10 - - windows based

I am exploring this option for us now - also free for limited users.

I am more comfortable with windows commands than linux - tried several versions of asterisk but ended up fustrated over setting up files in linux.

(in reply to yguelce)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Unified Messaging >> Trixbox CE on Standalone Messaging Server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter