• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Export Database to PST file

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Management >> Export Database to PST file Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Export Database to PST file - 25.Oct.2010 6:28:33 AM   
ericwi

Hi all,

Apart from getting third party software to export EDB file to PST, is there any other way to do so in the Exchange 2007 environment?

Thanks for advice.
Post #: 1
RE: Export Database to PST file - 25.Oct.2010 6:37:05 AM   
Jesper Bernle

Use Export-Mailbox with the parameter -PSTFolderPath.

Henrik Walther has provided us with a nice video on the subject - Exporting Mailbox Data to a PST File in Exchange 2007 SP1

(in reply to ericwi)
Post #: 2
RE: Export Database to PST file - 25.Oct.2010 9:23:28 PM   
ericwi

Hi Jesper,

Thanks for the link.Henry's solutions seems plausible in my situation. In one of the paragraphs, he mentioned this cmdlet

Get-Mailbox –Database <name of database> | Export-Mailbox –PSTFolderPath c:\PSTs

Say my database name is market-dept.edb and there are 4 users in that depart; market-1, market-2 , market-3 and market-4.Should my cmdlet be

Get-Mailbox –Database market-dept.edb | Export-Mailbox -identity market-1 –PSTFolderPath c:\PST\mkt1

Get-Mailbox –Database market-dept.edb | Export-Mailbox -identity market-2 –PSTFolderPath c:\PSTmkt2

or a single commandline like

Get-Mailbox –Database market-dept.edb | Export-Mailbox –PSTFolderPath c:\PSTs\market_dept.pst

can do the trick.

Thanks for any advice.

(in reply to Jesper Bernle)
Post #: 3
RE: Export Database to PST file - 26.Oct.2010 4:31:28 AM   
Jesper Bernle

If you run: Get-Mailbox –Database market-dept.edb | Export-Mailbox –PSTFolderPath c:\PSTs it will export all mailboxes within the Mailbox Database market-dept.edb to PST files (1 / Mailbox) in the directory C:\PSTs. After the command has run you will find all mailboxes as <MailboxAlias>.PST in C:\PSTs.

(in reply to ericwi)
Post #: 4
RE: Export Database to PST file - 26.Oct.2010 9:01:56 PM   
ericwi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jesper Bernle

If you run: Get-Mailbox –Database market-dept.edb | Export-Mailbox –PSTFolderPath c:\PSTs it will export all mailboxes within the Mailbox Database market-dept.edb to PST files (1 / Mailbox) in the directory C:\PSTs. After the command has run you will find all mailboxes as <MailboxAlias>.PST in C:\PSTs.

Hi Jesper,

Thanks for the information on this cmdlet. Before I proceed to extract all the mailboxes, can I confirm with you that the cmdlet would create a number of PST files , depending on the number of mailboxes in the database?

Thanks again for the reply

Post #: 5
RE: Export Database to PST file - 27.Oct.2010 7:58:51 AM   
Jesper Bernle

Yes, it will. (Hence the " ... to PST files (1 / Mailbox) in the directory C:\PSTs")

(in reply to ericwi)
Post #: 6
RE: Export Database to PST file - 2.Mar.2011 9:17:24 PM   
John_S

Will the export work with an offline edb file?

Post #: 7
RE: Export Database to PST file - 3.Mar.2011 12:34:05 AM   
Jesper Bernle

Nope, it will not. You'll need to mount it some how. One way is Ontrack Power Controls

(in reply to John_S)
Post #: 8
RE: Export Database to PST file - 4.Aug.2011 1:19:37 AM   
NormanKH

I don't think so, but, if you decide to use third-party software, I'd recommend PST Walker. There's a trial period, so you don't have to pay if you're gonna use it just once :)

Post #: 9
RE: Export Database to PST file - 4.Feb.2013 9:22:33 PM   
admin503

In exchange 2007, use cmdlets to export mailboxes

How to use cmdlets?

1. Open Exchange Shell

2. Run Export cmdlet
Run cmdlet: New-MailboxExportRequest -Mailbox <UserAlias> -FilePath \\server\path\file.pst
Numerous commands can be executed one by one or conduct a from collection of cmdlets

3. Examines the Export Request status
Column of status shows Progress or Complete

4. Clear Requests of Export
Run cmdlet
Get-MailboxExportRequest -status=Complete | Remove-MailboxExportRequest

If you gets failed here due to unavailability of exchange. It may have several reasons to come in down stage where cmdlets are not working. However, commercial tools are always ready to do such task but people should aware with right commercial tools. Few terms are there that must included in an edb to pst exporter or recovery tool:

Support of Pub and Priv edb file both
Corrupt EDB must be handled
Deleted Mailbox recovery should be supported
Exporting result should be in original form
Exchange 2007, 2010 as well as latest edition supported

< Message edited by zbnet -- 4.Jun.2013 7:29:37 AM >

Adom Watson (Technology Expert)
http://www.ost2pstpro.com/
Post #: 10
RE: Export Database to PST file - 5.Feb.2013 5:33:57 AM   
mandredpowl

Export-Mailbox tools allow you to export mailbox data from MS Exchange database to PST file format. Through this cmdlet, exchange database file can be easily converted into .pst files. Run following command
Export-Mailbox –Identity <mailboxUser> -PSTFolderPath <pathToSavePST>

Import-Mailbox -Identity <mailboxUser> -PSTFolderPath <PSTFileLocation>

you can also Filtering data according to subject, date, Locale, StartDate, EndDate, ContentKeywords, SubjectKeywords, AttachmentFileNames, AllContentKeywords, SenderKeywords, and RecipientKeywords.Like

Import-mailbox -Identity ricardr -PSTFolderPath D:\PSTs -StartDate 1/1/06 -EndDate 12/1/06 -SubjectKeywords:'review' -ContentKeywords:'project','alpha'

< Message edited by zbnet -- 10.Jun.2013 4:16:18 AM >

(in reply to admin503)
Post #: 11
RE: Export Database to PST file - 19.Aug.2013 3:35:02 AM   
JDattach

Exchange server presents set of "New-MailboxExportRequest" to export edb file into pst file format. By changing the attributes, you can exclude dumpster.

Use Search Mailbox with -SearchDumpsterOnly and -DeleteContent parameters to search and delete every e-mail in the Dumpster previous to the mailbox move.

< Message edited by zbnet -- 19.Aug.2013 3:47:01 AM >

(in reply to mandredpowl)
Post #: 12
RE: Export Database to PST file - 22.Aug.2014 10:38:13 PM   
HarryKowal

Exchange EDB to PST **** tool is now available with new concept and mind-blowing EDB to PST conversion process. EDB file **** program easily export data from Exchange and save in PST in original format of TXT, RTF and HTML etc. It supports all Exchange versions and smartly convert EDB file to PST file with complete database of Exchange. read more:- http://bit.ly/1SnXH5d

< Message edited by HarryKowal -- 15.Feb.2016 6:06:07 AM >
Post #: 13
RE: Export Database to PST file - 29.Sep.2014 3:58:57 PM   
reynoldsa62

With a perfect professional software, you can very easily fix any kind of corruption issues of Outlook. I would like to suggest here such a software named as Outlook Recovery Kit that repair and recovers corrupt emails within seconds. http://www.all-recovery-inc.com/#!/outlook

(in reply to ericwi)
Post #: 14
RE: Export Database to PST file - 5.Mar.2016 2:38:55 AM   
bidelia1

Exchange server database recovery software recover corrupted EDB data and save in PST file. This software successfull convert EDB to PST files data including- emails, contacts, tasks, journals, appointments, reminders, notes and calendars etc. Read more and free download click here http://exchangeserverdatabaserecovery.blogspot.com

(in reply to reynoldsa62)
Post #: 15
RE: Export Database to PST file - 8.Aug.2016 11:04:45 AM   
s_patrick

I have good experience with this EDB to PST conversion application that helped us to perform the conversion process successfully of around 23000 mailboxes to PST files: http://ow.ly/fOz73021ByC

This tool successfully fixed corrupted mailboxes in public as well as private information store databases and saved them into PST files.
Post #: 16

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Management >> Export Database to PST file Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter