• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Restoring Exchange 2003 Databases

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Restoring Exchange 2003 Databases Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Restoring Exchange 2003 Databases - 25.Oct.2010 8:11:40 AM   
roonstar01

Hi

I have a backup tape created in Backup Exec which contains an Exchange 2003 Private and public information store backup. I need to get some mailbox data out of this backup and save this as a pst file.

I'm struggling to use the RSG method as I don't have access to the original Exchange servers or even the active directory domain the server belonged to. The RSG method wants me to specify which information store I want to use but the only ones listed are for another exchange organisation.

All I have is these tapes with the information stores on them. I've tried creating a new exchange server in disaster recover mode but when I restore the data from the tapes and re-point the exchange databases to this server I keep getting a resource not found error. V-79-57344-33932.

Can anyone tell me if this is indeed possible,

Thanks and regards

Steve
Post #: 1
RE: Restoring Exchange 2003 Databases - 25.Oct.2010 8:36:01 AM   
mark@mvps.org

I would seriously consider the capex and opex costs of getting the server estate rebuilt, doing the restore and then using eseutil to butcher Exchange into starting (it can be done even if you don't have the original AD) against the cost of spending five minutes buying something like ONTRACK and just hitting go.
If you don't have cash but can spend a week of time then set up a fresh forest with the same domain and Exchange org details then do the restores. If you are in a hurry just buy the product.

Mark Arnold (Exchange MVP)
List Moderator

(in reply to roonstar01)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Restoring Exchange 2003 Databases Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter