New tool to test your Exchange server's security (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> Tips & Tricks

damienrvircom -> New tool to test your Exchange server's security (4.Nov.2010 3:40:38 PM)

A new tool for testing the security of your mail infrastructure and Exchange server is available. www.EmailSecurityGrader.com – it has an extensive Open Relay test (including % hacks) and also includes several other email security tests (SPF, DNSBL/Spam Blacklist) which noawadays are all pretty important to avoid spam, spoofing, relaying, blacklisting.

Complete description of the tool here:
http://www.emailsecuritymatters.com/site/blog/email-security/mail-server-test-blacklist-open-relay-smtp-dns/

aliramenon -> RE: New tool to test your Exchange server's security (29.Mar.2012 8:49:04 AM)

Might you be right, Let me check this after I can come to point and come here again to thank you.

svinyard -> RE: New tool to test your Exchange server's security (6.Mar.2014 3:24:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: aliramenon

Might you be right, Let me check this after I can come to point and come here again to thank you.

...what?

Edwin009 -> RE: New tool to test your Exchange server's security (8.May2020 7:20:56 AM)

Run MBSA, SCW, SCM, and EBPA

The purpose of all these tools is to help you make sure your environment is secure enough.

Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA) is not a very sophisticated tool – its main purpose is to check for applied and available patches.

The Security Configuration Wizard (SCW) will check your OS depending on the roles of your server’s hosting and will give you some recommendations on how to enhance your security. It can help you in areas such as configuring the LM authentication protocol, SMB signing, and firewall rules for the roles of the server.

The Security Compliance Manager (SCM) is the newest Microsoft tool for performing a security scan on your hosted exchange server. The security configurations are checked against predefined templates and are deployed via Group Policy. It has a better library and features than the SCW.

The Exchange Best Practices Analyzer (EBPA) will check your current Exchange infrastructure against the Microsoft Best Practices. It is a good idea to check this periodically since the best practices change along with your infrastructure.

Page: [1]