Active Manager operation failed to mount DB Error Id: 50A399C7, ErrorId: BF128831 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability

MarioTunes -> Active Manager operation failed to mount DB Error Id: 50A399C7, ErrorId: BF128831 (4.Nov.2010 6:29:18 PM)

I  have two Windows 2008 R2 and two (ep-mbx1, ep-mbx2)Exchange 2010 SP1 MBX Servers in DAG2 and two DB (epdb1, epdb2)
And I have next problem with mounting DB
We had a situation, server EP-MBX1 and witness server was down, after that witness server was risen but EP-MBX1 still down.
EPDB1 mounted on EP-MBX2 and is fine, but EPDB2 was on EP-MBX1 and when i try to:

Move-ActiveMailboxDatabase -Identity 'epdb2' -ActivateOnServer 'ep-mbx2' -MountDialOverride 'Lossless'

I got the next error

An Active Manager operation failed. Error: The database action failed. Error: An error occurred while trying to validat
e the specified database copy for possible activation. Error: Database copy 'EPDB2' on server 'EP-MBX2.epack.priv' has
a copy queue length of 9223372036854775778 logs, which is too high to enable automatic recovery. You can use the Move-A
ctiveMailboxDatabase cmdlet with the -SkipLagChecks and -MountDialOverride parameters to move the database with loss. I
f the database isn't mounted after successfully running Move-ActiveMailboxDatabase, use the Mount-Database cmdlet to mo
unt the database.. [Database: EPDB2, Server: ep-mbx2.epack.priv]
  + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (EPDB2:ADObjectId) [Move-ActiveMailboxDatabase], AmDbActionWrapperExce
ption
  + FullyQualifiedErrorId : 50A399C7,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemConfigurationTasks.MoveActiveMailboxDatabas
e

Please help
Thank you

MarioTunes -> RE: Active Manager operation failed to mount DB Error Id: 50A399C7, ErrorId: BF128831 (4.Nov.2010 6:57:06 PM)

. If I use command:

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>Move-ActiveMailboxDatabase -Identity 'epdb2' -ActivateOnServer 'ep-mbx2' -SkipLagChecks -MountD
ialOverride 'lossless'

I got:

An Active Manager operation failed. Error: The database action failed. Error: An error occurred while trying to validat
e the specified database copy for possible activation. Error: Database copy 'EPDB2' on server 'EP-MBX2.epack.priv' has
content index catalog files in the following state: 'Failed'.. [Database: EPDB2, Server: ep-mbx2.epack.priv]
  + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (EPDB2:ADObjectId) [Move-ActiveMailboxDatabase], AmDbActionWrapperExce
ption
  + FullyQualifiedErrorId : BF128831,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemConfigurationTasks.MoveActiveMailboxDatabas
e

Will appreciate any help.
Thank you

MarioTunes -> RE: Active Manager operation failed to mount DB Error Id: 50A399C7, ErrorId: BF128831 (8.Nov.2010 1:59:37 PM)

I have used this link

http://exchangeserverpro.com/cannot-activate-database-copy-content-index-catalog-files-in-failed-state

And get new error

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus | fl name, contentindexstate

Name              : EPDB2\EP-MBX2
ContentIndexState : Failed

Name              : EPDB1\EP-MBX2
ContentIndexState : Healthy

And after:

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>Update-MailboxDatabaseCopy EPDB2\EP-MBX2 -CatalogOnly
A source-side operation failed. Error An error occurred while running prerequisite checks. Error: A source-side operati
on failed. Error An error occurred while running prerequisite checks. Error: Service 'Microsoft Exchange Search' doesn'
t appear to be running on server 'EP-MBX1'. Please verify that the server is operating, and that services can be querie
d remotely... [Database: EPDB2, Server: EP-MBX2.epack.priv]
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (EPDB2:String) [Update-MailboxDatabaseCopy], SeedPrepareException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : C1A5F802,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemConfigurationTasks.UpdateDatabaseCopy

MarioTunes -> RE: Active Manager operation failed to mount DB Error Id: 50A399C7, ErrorId: BF128831 (10.Nov.2010 9:34:49 AM)

I will try to explain it one more time
The two servers in the DAG (each server has one active DB and one passive DB) and one witness server. When witness server was down, one server from the DAG later on went down too, after couple minutes witness server up but one from the DAG still down.
[PS] C:\Windows\system32>Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus | fl name, contentindexstate

Name              : EPDB2\EP-MBX2
ContentIndexState : Failed

Name              : EPDB1\EP-MBX2
ContentIndexState : Healthy

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>Update-MailboxDatabaseCopy EPDB2\EP-MBX2 -CatalogOnly
A source-side operation failed. Error An error occurred while running prerequisite checks. Error: A source-side operati
on failed. Error An error occurred while running prerequisite checks. Error: Service 'Microsoft Exchange Search' doesn'
t appear to be running on server 'EP-MBX1'. Please verify that the server is operating, and that services can be querie
d remotely... [Database: EPDB2, Server: EP-MBX2.epack.priv]
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (EPDB2:String) [Update-MailboxDatabaseCopy], SeedPrepareException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : C12B293A,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemConfigurationTasks.UpdateDatabaseCopy

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>Move-ActiveMailboxDatabase -Identity 'epdb2' -ActivateOnServer 'ep-mbx2' -SkipLagChecks -MountD
ialOverride 'BestEffort'

Confirm
Are you sure you want to perform this action?
Moving mailbox database "EPDB2" from server "EP-MBX1.epack.priv" to server "EP-MBX2.epack.priv".
[Y] Yes  [A] Yes to All  [N] No  [L] No to All  [?] Help (default is "Y"): y

Identity        ActiveServerAtS ActiveServerAtE Status     NumberOfLogsLost   RecoveryPoint MountStatus MountStatus
                tart            nd                                            Objective     AtMoveStart AtMoveEnd
--------        --------------- --------------- ------     ----------------   ------------- ----------- -----------
EPDB2           ep-mbx1         ep-mbx1         Failed                                      Dismounted  Dismounted
content index catalog files in the following state: 'Failed'.. [Database: EPDB2, Server: ep-mbx2.epack.priv]
   ption
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : BF128031,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemConfigurationTasks.MoveActiveMailboxDatabas
   e

MarioTunes -> RE: Active Manager operation failed to mount DB Error Id: 50A399C7, ErrorId: BF128831 (11.Nov.2010 10:22:22 AM)

Hi ,
As soon as I have turned on 'EP-MBX1' Server the DB mounted automatically. But this is not solution it should work with/on one server.

Page: [1]