DAG Failover not working (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability

brett_pch -> DAG Failover not working (10.Nov.2010 4:37:19 PM)

Hi all, I hope that someone here can help me with these issues that we are having.

We have two servers in a test environment, with Exchange 2010, a DAG setup between the two, a witness server to determine quorum, and a CAS array that both are a part of.

We are currently experiencing 2 pretty big issues.

1. No matter which server the mailbox DB is mounted on (ServerA or ServerB), when ServerB is taken off line, either by shutting down, or just having it's NIC's unplugged, ServerA does not mount the mailboxDB. If it already mounted on ServerA when ServerB is disconnected/shutdown, then it dismounts. This does not happen in reverse. When ServerA is disconnected/shutdown, then ServerB takes over, and mounts the mailbox DB successfully.

2. When We failover to ServerB, the mailbox fails over and everything works, except for sending mails. They sit in ServerB's queue until ServerA comes back up again, then they are sent, usually with a local loopback error message. ServerB is a Transport Hub, has send/receive connectors set. Does anyone have any ideas on where to look to fix this issue?

If anyone can point me in the right direction for these, it would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

-Brett

jveldh -> RE: DAG Failover not working (31.Jan.2011 4:13:05 PM)

Brett,

Which events are logged on Server A when pulling out the cable of server B.

About sending/receiving mails can you run the get-sendconnector |fl cmdlet and post the output here?

mrflash -> RE: DAG Failover not working (1.Feb.2011 5:08:13 AM)

on question a:

What is your server configuration regarding server a and b? specifically the DatabaseCopyAutoActivationPolicy setting?

It sounds like either its been told not to, or the witness isnt performing correctly.

Is the witness server an Exchange server also external to these 2 servers? is this server configured correctly with appropriate group memberships?

Thanks

petasand -> RE: DAG Failover not working (11.Mar.2011 8:09:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mrflash

on question a:

What is your server configuration regarding server a and b? specifically the DatabaseCopyAutoActivationPolicy setting?

It sounds like either its been told not to, or the witness isnt performing correctly.

Is the witness server an Exchange server also external to these 2 servers? is this server configured correctly with appropriate group memberships?

Thanks

You detected it right. The problem actually lies in the mis-configuration.

keviavuz788 -> RE: DAG Failover not working (20.Apr.2011 11:31:53 PM)

Hi all, I hope that someone here can help me with these issues that we are having.

We have two servers in a test environment, with Exchange 2010, a DAG setup between the two, a witness server to determine quorum, and a CAS array that both are a part of.

We are currently experiencing 2 pretty big issues.

Thanks for sharing here!

movies online free

Page: [1]