• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Your thoughts, opinions?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Your thoughts, opinions? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Your thoughts, opinions? - 12.Nov.2010 10:37:16 AM   
clum1

I have two problems I am thinking of rolling into one. We have a small sales team, one of whom has recently left. We still want to keep her email addresses live and currently the rest of the team have the ability to open her mail folders from their own Outlook accounts to check for mail.

Additionally, the team manager was looking to set up a mail-enabled public folder as a sales@.. which is a great idea but I haven't set Public Folders up on my Exchange box. My thoughts were to add sales@ as an alias to the spare mailbox and leave it as the status quo, with everyone dipping into it as needed. I know it's a bit of a hack, but from reading around, Public Folders seem to be frowned on these days and I'm not sure of the risks of reinstalling them with Exchange. Is it more trouble than it's worth?

Thanks for reading this far; I'd really appreciate any thoughts anyone may have on the issue.

cheers
Calum
Post #: 1
RE: Your thoughts, opinions? - 17.Nov.2010 6:21:59 PM   
Paul Cunningham

I don't like using Public Folders for this.  I think you're better off creating a new mailbox for sales@ and granting each of the sales team members access to it as a shared mailbox.  You can also then optionally give them Send on Behalf permissions for sales@ as well.

Paul Cunningham
Exchange Server MVP

Exchange 2010 Training

(in reply to clum1)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Your thoughts, opinions? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter