• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Unable to Mount restored EDB

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> Unable to Mount restored EDB Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unable to Mount restored EDB - 16.Nov.2010 1:23:21 PM   
john.leonard

Folks,

We did a restore of and mail database to a restore storage group.

We now try to mount he database and get the following events in the log:

Sourse ESE
Catagorey Logging/Recovery
Event ID 619
MSExchangeIS (5820) Recovery Storage Group: Attempted to attach database 'G:\CCCC\RSG20101115170716\NSDR.edb' but it is a database restored from a backup set on which hard recovery was not started or did not complete successfully.
For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp
############

Source MSExchageIS
Cat Gerneral
Event ID : 9519
Error 0xfffffde0 starting database "Recovery Storage Group\NSDR" on the Microsoft Exchange Information Store.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
#################

Source MSExchangeIS
Catagorey General
Event ID 9518
Error 0xfffffde0 starting Storage Group /DC=com/DC=CCC/CN=Configuration/CN=Services/CN=Microsoft Exchange/CN=Research/CN=Administrative Groups/CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHXXXXXXX)/CN=Servers/CN=CCCSSS/CN=InformationStore/CN=Recovery Storage Group on the Microsoft Exchange Information Store.
MDB failed to start.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at
####################
This is the error I get from  the recovery console........

Error encountered while trying to mount the database (MMM) in the recovery storage group (Recovery Storage Group). Error message is: Exchange is unable to mount the database that you specified. Specified database: MAIL00C\Recovery Storage Group\MMM; Error code: MapiExceptionCallFailed: Unable to mount database. (hr=0x80004005, ec=-544)

Any thoughts or suggestions that will not take down the existing production environment or production database?

Are there any commands that I can run that will not impact production or jeopardize my production edb?

I have not done this before and am not sure of the procedure - are they any guides or step-by-step resources?

Thank you in advance.

-J

Post #: 1
RE: Unable to Mount restored EDB - 16.Nov.2010 1:57:45 PM   
de.blackman

It looks like the database from the backup may have been corrupted before the backup was taken! You may have to run a hard recovery on it (eseutil /p) followed by a defragmentation (eseutil /d) and an integrity check (ISINTEG).

XADM: You Cannot Mount Information Store Databases and You Receive "JET_errDbTimeTooOld" Error Message
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329021

Ibrahim Benna - Microsoft Exchange MVP
Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to john.leonard)
Post #: 2
RE: Unable to Mount restored EDB - 16.Nov.2010 2:03:01 PM   
john.leonard

Thank you - I will check with the engineer that did the restore -
Is there a list of commands that we need to run and in what order?

Can we run this in the background - it will not affect production edb's?

Thanks.
-J

(in reply to de.blackman)
Post #: 3
RE: Unable to Mount restored EDB - 17.Nov.2010 9:11:39 AM   
de.blackman

You basically need to run:

1. ESEUTIL /P - hard repair on the database. This will remove any corruption within the database (data loss is to be expected!)

2. ESEUTIL /D - Defragmentation of the database. After /P, the database will be in an unstable state. Running a defragmentation will compact the database file and creates a new physical file to resolve any possible physical corruption on the file itself.

3. ISINTEG - Integrity checker. Goes through the database structure, checks and fixes up any integrity issues within the database.

You will need enough free space the same size of the current database plus 10% to run the defragmentation. That is, if your database is 100GB, you will need 110GB of free space.

Running these tasks on the production server while users are connecting is not an issue! Obviously users who have mailboxes in this database will not have access to their mailboxes but users in other databases will continue to work (no day off for them ).

Ibrahim Benna - Microsoft Exchange MVP
Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to john.leonard)
Post #: 4
RE: Unable to Mount restored EDB - 3.Jul.2014 6:59:12 AM   
EdaLutz

EDB to PST

1.Export Exchange 2003 Mailbox to PST Larger than 2GB to Overcome Size Limits by EDB to
2.Recover Exchange Server when the Log File is Corrupted or Deleted

Try Free Trail Version Software:- http://www.filesrecoverytools.com/edb-to-pst-converter.html

(in reply to de.blackman)
Post #: 5
RE: Unable to Mount restored EDB - 4.Jul.2014 2:50:05 AM   
roonharry

It may be possible that Log Files have been Corrupted or Deleted, you should try to use a Exchange Recovery application to fix it. You can get some information from here http://www.exchangedisasterrecovery.org/

(in reply to EdaLutz)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> Unable to Mount restored EDB Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter