Exchange file recovery (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General

i00 -> Exchange file recovery (26.Nov.2010 8:39:44 AM)

We had a server running exchange server 2010 - Due to some unknown issue the server now freezes on boot - Our company has decided to purchase a new computer and are going to install the server from scratch with the same settings as were on the now dead server

Just wondering how I can bring across everyones mailbox (and other folders) - we only have about 10 users in our small company so if i have to do them manually (one at a time) i don't really care - as long as i can get the info back.

BTW I only have access to the files off the old server and not the exchange console / powershell on the old computer.

Thanks
Kris

jveldh -> RE: Exchange file recovery (28.Nov.2010 4:06:43 PM)

Kris,

The most import files are the mailbox database files. I recommend you to create a backup of those and then install the new server using the /m:recoverserver option.

netsysco -> RE: Exchange file recovery (30.Nov.2010 8:38:48 PM)

Kris,

Here's a solution to stop this from being a problem again in the future. Will the server stay up and running at all? If so we could do a p2v then a v2p migration...

Please check out: http://mymanagedbackup.com/index.php/exchange-backup

Thx,

eric at mymanagedbackup.com

Exchange Backup and Disaster Recovery Managed Service

Completely turnkey managed service
No hardware or softare to buy
No complicated installation or configuration to perform
Automatically and manually monitored by our technicians for backup and disaster recovery integrity
Hybrid management model available providing full adminsitrative level access to the solution
Exchange Backup
Continuouss application-aware snapshots of Exchange 2003, 2007 and 2010
As often as every 15 minutes
Meets very short Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
Supports Exchange 2010 DAGS, Exchange 2007 CCR/SCC and Exchange 2003 SCC
Low overhead is less than 1-2% on production servers
Very short backup windows of just a few minutes for even large databases
Deduplication and Compression
5x reduction saves disk space
Flexible retention polices
Incremental forever backups allow saving data for years with minimal storage
Exchange Restore
Granular instant restore of all Exchange objects directly to Exchange or a .PST file
Emails
Contacts
Calendares
Public Folders
Full restore of an entire Exchange database
Instant restore; recover entire volumes in minutes
Exchange Monitoring/Maintenance
Exchange data stores continuously monitored for corruption
Stops minor problems from becoming major
Exchange log check and truncation
Mount snapshots as a Windows share for data mining
Exchange Disaster Recovery
Instant local server disaster recovery to either virtual or physical environment
Literally push a single button to start the standby server
Remote snapshot replication to either the myManagedBackup data center or bring your own data center
Remote server disaster recovery in the myManagedBackup data center or your own data center

irene234 -> RE: Exchange file recovery (13.Nov.2015 12:08:13 AM)

You can Try "Cloudbacko Pro" as it can solve your problem it can give backup to database as well and Support continuous backup of database and individual mailboxes. Follow link to know more about this software:

Page: [1]