• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

VBScript to mail enable user in 2010

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> VBScript to mail enable user in 2010 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
VBScript to mail enable user in 2010 - 1.Dec.2010 9:15:28 AM   
nasdaqprophet

Is it still possible to mail enable users in 2010 using VBScript.

I know all about powershell, but the VBScript is the limitation due to the current provisioning system/process.

Thank you.
Post #: 1
RE: VBScript to mail enable user in 2010 - 2.Dec.2010 4:03:13 AM   
JacobSaaby

I wouldn't know, never use VBS anymore.

But here's an idea: Why don't you just use VBS to call PowerShell.exe and a script ?

Then you can script whatever you want Exchange wise in Powershell, and call that via the VBS n your provisioning system.

I'm betting it would pay off :)

There's nothing wrong with failing. It's much worse to succeed with things that don't matter.

(in reply to nasdaqprophet)
Post #: 2
RE: VBScript to mail enable user in 2010 - 2.Dec.2010 10:53:02 AM   
nasdaqprophet

Thanks for your observation. Been there done that. VBScript is the limitation due to the current provisioning system/process.

Wouldn't one have to install "Powershell.exe" and the Exchange Management Tools to get the cmdlets to invoke? Something the client is not will to do at this time.

So can this still be done in VBScript as before? If it cannot then I have legitimation reasons to push back and talk about alternatives. If it can still be done in VBscript I do not.

(in reply to JacobSaaby)
Post #: 3
RE: VBScript to mail enable user in 2010 - 2.Dec.2010 11:54:15 AM   
de.blackman

nasdaqprophet,

I am a little confused as to your requirements! Are you saying that you want the script to run from any machine even one without the Exchange management tools?? The management tools are required in order to run an exchange task.

Ibrahim Benna - Microsoft Exchange MVP
Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to nasdaqprophet)
Post #: 4
RE: VBScript to mail enable user in 2010 - 3.Dec.2010 9:52:33 AM   
Ryan.Sanders

2010 Management tools are not required.

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2009/05/19/451366.aspx

"You can leverage the remote PowerShell capabilities that are built into Exchange Server 2010 by using either the 32-bit version or 64-bit version of PowerShell 2.0 (in other words, when leveraging remote PowerShell, the system where you launch PowerShell doesn't require the management tools to be installed as all cmdlets are executing on the server you are remoting)."

(in reply to de.blackman)
Post #: 5
RE: VBScript to mail enable user in 2010 - 9.Dec.2010 8:53:31 AM   
nasdaqprophet

Because the provision server is 2k3 and x32 we can't install 2010 management utilities and wanted to use the existing vbscript processes.

I finally had some time to tested with vbscript and was able to get it to work. Does not appear this is possible based on some reading.

I will try remoting from powershell to a 2010 server as suggested in this thread.

(in reply to Ryan.Sanders)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> VBScript to mail enable user in 2010 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter