Migrating users to new Exchange Server 5.5 Enterprise (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> Installation

stevemen -> Migrating users to new Exchange Server 5.5 Enterprise (8.Dec.2010 7:55:54 PM)

Is there anyone out there that is still quite familiar with Exchange Server 5.5 Standard and Enterprise?

If so:

I have been running Exchange Server 5.5 Standard on an older HP Windows Server 2000 SP4 that is also the Primary Domain Controller for my domain. I think I am running on borrowed time though. I have built a new server, installed Windows Server 2000 SP4 on it, enable AD on it and now I want to install Exchange Server 5.5 Enterprise on it. Then what I would like to do is migrate all my users to that server.

My question is: Once I install Exchange on the new box will it recognize another Exchange server online and begin to replicate or will I have to initialize the process.

Are there any "unforseens" that I can possibly anticipate?

Thanks for all you help,

pjhutch -> RE: Migrating users to new Exchange Server 5.5 Enterprise (1.Jan.2011 12:58:38 PM)

Yes, it will see the new server in the Exchange's Organisation in the Exchange Management console. And any information will flow between the servers.

You can then use the management console, to move mailboxes to the new server.

You will also, need to configure replication of public folder content from the old server to the new one esp. any system folders.

Page: [1]