Outlook 2010 client issue (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Outlook Web Access

ahmedilyas -> Outlook 2010 client issue (19.Dec.2010 1:11:21 PM)

I'm having trouble configuring my outlook clients to using my exchange server 2007.

i set it up all by myself (very proud!) a while back but having issues getting my client to connect to the server.

So, I am prompted to create a profile in outlook 2010, I enter the details of the server but fails to connect via encrypted and unencrypted connections, so I then set it up for manual configuration.

I enter the username/domain to connect to my server and it finds it.

server: servercomputername.domain.local
username: admin@domain.co.uk

I then launch outlook and I get:

"cannot open your default e-mail folders. you must be connected to Microsoft exchange with the current profile before you can synchronise your folders with your Outlook data file (.ost)"

I press ok and outlook is closed.

where am I going wrong?

edit: I forgot to mention, my client computer is NOT joined to the domain. is there a way to still use this?

de.blackman -> RE: Outlook 2010 client issue (19.Dec.2010 10:31:05 PM)

Domain joined or not, this should work. Are you able to ping the exchange server from the client machine?

ahmedilyas -> RE: Outlook 2010 client issue (20.Dec.2010 1:18:12 AM)

absolutely.
sure owa works but not sure why the client doesn't.

de.blackman -> RE: Outlook 2010 client issue (20.Dec.2010 8:11:38 AM)

When you say "absolutely", are you answering my question or making a statement??

ahmedilyas -> RE: Outlook 2010 client issue (20.Dec.2010 8:43:54 AM)

:-) Answering your question regarding being able to ping the exchange server.

de.blackman -> RE: Outlook 2010 client issue (20.Dec.2010 8:30:31 PM)

Do you have an "autodiscover.domain.xxx" host record registered in DNS? Is that accessible from the client machine? Does a domain-joined machine connect fine or are they also experiencing the same issue?

ahmedilyas -> RE: Outlook 2010 client issue (21.Dec.2010 3:20:10 AM)

is the autodiscover something I have to manually add? if so - then no. how do I add it and what settings do I use? (Im using WS2008 Enterprise)

Thanks

de.blackman -> RE: Outlook 2010 client issue (23.Dec.2010 8:24:54 AM)

Yes AutoDiscover has to be manually added in DNS. There is a section called Creating the necessary record in DNS in this link that can help you out:

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Uncovering-New-Outlook-2007-Discover-Service.html

ahmedilyas -> RE: Outlook 2010 client issue (23.Dec.2010 5:28:19 PM)

ok, no go.

I did create the A Record autodiscover, pointing to the public ip that exchange is on (same as my webserver)

tried recreating the profile on the outlook 2010 client - still the same problem.

let me tell you more of my server configuration:

I have 2 IIS Websites.

I have a Default web site.
this website has an HTTPS exchange cert on 443 (SSL)
I also have another website which has the binding to the same public IP but as a standard port 80 website. lets call this "mainsite"

I created a virtual directory on the "mainsite" website, called "exchange" which redirects to "https://www.mysite.co.uk/exchange" which takes me to OWA.

the default website, which has the exchange setup has these virtual directories/applications:

Autodiscover
Exadmin
Exchange
Exchweb
owa
Public

ahmedilyas -> RE: Outlook 2010 client issue (23.Dec.2010 6:44:57 PM)

ok, on the exchange server. I spun up the exchange management shell.

I did this:

Test-OutlookWebServices -identity theEmailAccount@mydomain.co.uk | fl

outcome:

Id : 1003
Type : Information
Message : About to test AutoDiscover with the e-mail address theEmailAccount@mydomain.co.uk.

Id : 1013
Type : Error
Message : When contacting https://computername.sltd.local/Autodiscover/Autodis
cover.xml received the error The underlying connection was closed: An
unexpected error occurred on a send.

cover.xml received the error Unable to read data from the transport c
onnection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote h
ost.

cover.xml received the error An existing connection was forcibly clos
ed by the remote host

Id : 1006

???

de.blackman -> RE: Outlook 2010 client issue (23.Dec.2010 10:23:16 PM)

On the internal DNS, make sure Autodiscover points to the internal IP address of the CAS, not the public IP

ahmedilyas -> RE: Outlook 2010 client issue (24.Dec.2010 1:11:38 AM)

well, there is no internal IP. its all public facing IP on the server (provided by the webhoster)

i did add the computername.sltd.local into the hosts pointing to the public ip and ran the test again, but just kept crashing wanting to send out error reports.

then looking in the event logs, the ISAPI kept error'ing saying that the machine image is not supported as its an x64 architecture.

i noticed i did not have exchange server 2007 sp2 so im going to update that, but still dont think it will fix the issues

ahmedilyas -> RE: Outlook 2010 client issue (24.Dec.2010 2:53:13 AM)

ok this is getting worse.

I installed SP2 for exchange 2007 and it said that I needed to disable the wow64 (so disable enable 32 bit on 64 bit for IIS)

I did this, and then it succeed and installed exchange server 2007 SP2 successfully.

now when I try to use OWA, IIS crashes!
I then enabled the wow64, and it still crashes.

now... OWA does not work! What do I do?! whats going on here?

ahmedilyas -> RE: Outlook 2010 client issue (24.Dec.2010 6:30:10 AM)

ok so I disabled the ASP.NET authentication - and now OWA works.

very odd. as this used to work just fine. I probably will have issues later but we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

now I still cannot connect my outlook 2010 client.

ahmedilyas -> RE: Outlook 2010 client issue (24.Dec.2010 4:11:59 PM)

something is not right.

I just tried connecting outlook 2010 on my main desktop system which runs WS2008R2 Ent - and guess what? Connects just fine!

on my new laptop with fresh install of Win7 Ultimate and office.... no go. this is where my original problem/query came from.

whats going on here?

Page: [1]