• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Secure OWA with TMG

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Outlook Web Access >> Secure OWA with TMG Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Secure OWA with TMG - 24.Dec.2010 6:37:41 AM   
lbsysadmin

Hello all, seasons greetings!

I am upgrading to Exchange 2010 in the New Year and want to be sure my understanding is correct.

We do not currently use OWA (or other remote mail offerings) in our Exchange 2003 environment. This will change with 2010, I am planning to use OWA, ActiveSync and Outlook Anywhere.

My plan is to bring up the new server alongside the existing server and migrate the users across gradually. In additon to this I am planning a second server in the DMZ with the Edge Transport Role and the Threat Management Gateway Role.

My concerns are:

1) Is TMG the best way to protect OWA, ActiveSync and Outlook Anywhere given I'm putting a server with Edge in anyway? (or are there alternatives out there?)

2) Can I roll the TMG out and then install the Edge Transport Role on to the server at a later date?

Hope someone can help and/or confirm my plans.

Kind regards,

Daniel
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Outlook Web Access >> Secure OWA with TMG Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter