• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Only one user can't log into OWA

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access >> Only one user can't log into OWA Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Only one user can't log into OWA - 10.Jan.2011 6:16:28 PM   
Tony414

Hello,
I have multiple users that just use OWA to get their emails. They don't log into AD locally. I have just one OWA user that can't log in using just the username and password like everyone else. The only way they can log in is by adding the @ symbol (user@company.com). I'm hoping someone on here has an idea how to correct this? Thank you,

Tony
Post #: 1
RE: Only one user can't log into OWA - 11.Jan.2011 8:11:52 AM   
leederbyshire

I've never heard of a case before where someone has to log in with their UPN when everyone else can use their account name. Have a look at the account in Active Directory Users and Computers, and make sure that the account name is what you think it is (i.e. there isn't something strange like a different 'Pre-Windows 2000 User Name' configured). Also se if it helps if the user logs in as DOMAIN\USERNAME instead of just USERNAME .

Lee.

Outlook Web Access for PDA and WAP:
www.leederbyshire.com

(in reply to Tony414)
Post #: 2
RE: Only one user can't log into OWA - 11.Jan.2011 9:57:06 AM   
Tony414

Hi and thanks for the input :) I was just getting ready to post more info about this and saw your reply. This account works when inputting the pre-wondows username which is 3 letters shy of the AD name. This was working fine before so that's why it's puzzling me. Is there a reason why it's not allowing them to use the AD and only the pre-windows name?

Thanks,
Tony

(in reply to Tony414)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access >> Only one user can't log into OWA Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter