Unable to start microsoft exchange routing engine (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing

litto31 -> Unable to start microsoft exchange routing engine (26.Jan.2011 9:30:17 AM)

Hai all,

I have two micosoft exchange machines in cluster.windows 2003 server is the O/S in both machines.Both machines have active directory installed.The problem i am facing is both the microsoft exchange server 2003 are not communicating each other.On debugging i found that microsoft exchange routing engine service in one machine is in stopped stage.While trying to enable it the following error is displayed "could not start microsoft exchange routing engine service on local computer.Error 1083:The executable program that this service is configured to run in does not implement the service".As a result i am unable to start microsoft exchange routing engine service.Please look in to this and provide your valuable inputs.

Thanks,
Litto

jose.molinab -> RE: Unable to start microsoft exchange routing engine (26.Jan.2011 10:48:36 AM)

Method 1 If you have a recent backup of the IIS metabase from some time after you installed Exchange, restore the metabase from the backup. For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
302573  (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302573/ ) How to back up and restore IIS Method 2If no backup of the metabase exists, you can run the Exchange Setup program with the /reinstall switch. This will cause the Exchange Setup program to copy all the Exchange Server files and to replace missing entries in the metabase. You must also reapply any service packs and hotfixes.

If you have not recently removed IIS, it may be a good idea to try to determine the cause of the metabase corruption. If other IIS services are affected and will not start, you may have to remove and reinstall IIS before you complete the reinstallation of Exchange. Possible causes of metabase corruption include write caching, virus scanning, or editing of the metabase.bin file in an unsupported manner. A power failure or other type of system problem may also be the root cause.

Page: [1]