• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Backup Exec Single Mailbox Restore

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Backup Exec Single Mailbox Restore Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Backup Exec Single Mailbox Restore - 1.Feb.2011 11:47:31 AM   
RJEH

I am running Exchange 2010 RTM which is backed up using Backup Exec 2010 R2. I need to restore a few mailboxes. What I have done so far is, redirecting them to a new account as the user is still using their live mailbox. The problem I am running into with my test account is –
When the restore is in progress meetings this user has scheduled in the past are re-sent. I am assuming any meeting in the future will be resent as well. You can imagine the confusion that could ensue!
I would like to avoid re-sending these meeting entries or any other entries that might be re-sent when I restore the end users mailbox to a different account.
In the end I need to get the mailboxes off tape to PST files, so if I am going about this the wrong way….
Please help! FYI, I am new to Exchange administration.
Thank you!
Post #: 1
RE: Backup Exec Single Mailbox Restore - 1.Feb.2011 11:55:04 AM   
mark@mvps.org

You should call the backup vendor and open a case with them for something like this. Sounds like Exchange is responding to inputs and that how the backup product is injecting that input is odd.

Mark Arnold (Exchange MVP)
List Moderator

(in reply to RJEH)
Post #: 2
RE: Backup Exec Single Mailbox Restore - 1.Feb.2011 10:48:53 PM   
RJEH

I Checked with Symantec, They said is was something that needs to be addressed in Exchange.

I was looking at a Recovery Database. Can I create and RDB with the same name as a live DB to restore the data? Of so can I export that mailbox to a PST?

(in reply to RJEH)
Post #: 3
RE: Backup Exec Single Mailbox Restore - 2.Feb.2011 2:09:06 AM   
ilantz

You can work with RDB to restore the backup, and merge the content to another mailbox, either the live one or another if you wish. from there you can export to pst, as you cannot export directly to PST from RDB/RSG

ilantz

www.u-btech.com
Ilantz’s Weblog

(in reply to RJEH)
Post #: 4
RE: Backup Exec Single Mailbox Restore - 2.Feb.2011 10:33:48 AM   
RJEH

This unfortunately will still re-send all the past/future appointments, tasks and other like items when merging the data into the new mailbox right?

(in reply to ilantz)
Post #: 5
RE: Backup Exec Single Mailbox Restore - 2.Feb.2011 10:51:06 AM   
ilantz

should not. this behavior as my colleges has mentioned is totally unreasonable... 

www.u-btech.com
Ilantz’s Weblog

(in reply to RJEH)
Post #: 6
RE: Backup Exec Single Mailbox Restore - 9.Feb.2011 7:09:30 PM   
RJEH

Here is what I ended up doing to accomplish my task-

1.       Created a recovery account.
     Created an RDB.

2.       Restored the data from tape to the RDB

3.       Used the Restore-Mailbox CMLet to restore the mailbox to a folder in the live system.
4.       Opened the recovery account using Outlook.
5.       Created a PST file
      Drag and dropped the entire restored folder that PST.

Thank you to all who helped.

(in reply to ilantz)
Post #: 7
RE: Backup Exec Single Mailbox Restore - 20.Jul.2015 6:02:55 AM   
BernardThrasher

Effective Exchange Server Recovery software that can is safe and secure software, you can easily export Emails & Other items of Mailboxes to EML, MSG, PDF or HTML Format.

Get more detail click here - http://www.****-****.com/recover-mailbox-from-edb.html
Post #: 8
RE: Backup Exec Single Mailbox Restore - 18.Mar.2016 1:50:49 PM   
christabeel

Exchange Server Recovery is the best solution to fix all EDB file corruption issues effectively. The software performs accurate recovery of all emails, attachments, contacts, and other mailbox items from corrupt EDB files and save in Outlook PST files . Read more and free download click here http://exchangeserverdatabaserecovery.blogspot.com
Post #: 9

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Backup Exec Single Mailbox Restore Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter