• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Completely Removing Front End Back End Installation

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Completely Removing Front End Back End Installation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Completely Removing Front End Back End Installation - 5.Feb.2011 2:00:31 AM   
JohnGrauel

Hello,
I recently moved my company email to a hosted Exchange 2010 service from an in house Exchange 2003 setup. The 2003 setup was one front end and two back end servers. I removed all mailboxes from the backend servers and successfully uninstalled Exchange 2003 from one of the backend servers (using the install CD). However, when I try to remove the second back end server the install program tells me that I cannot uninstall Exchange because the backend server is the Recipient Update Services server.

I have attempted to move that function to the front end server by changing the server name in the System Manager RUS properties General tab but the AD search will not recognize the front end server name (the FE is valid and in AD and has been flawlessly operating for years).

Am I missing something basic here? do I need to change the front end server to a backend server, remove one then remove the "first exchange server" to completely remove exchange from the domain?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Completely Removing Front End Back End Installation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter