• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange server still acts authoritative for removed accepted domain

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Management >> Exchange server still acts authoritative for removed accepted domain Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange server still acts authoritative for removed ac... - 10.Feb.2011 4:59:55 AM   
rwaldron21

Hi all,
I am using exchange 2007.. we had 4 domains but one has moved to another company..

I am trying to remove this domain from our exchange server.

I did the following.

1. In exchange management console I removed the domain in question from accepted domains
2. In exchange management console I removed email address policy for the old domain
3. Removed the old email address from any email accounts
4. Restarted exchange
5. MX record was changed and resolves correctly to the new company IP Address

I ran command "Get-AcceptedDomain" from the command shell in exchange and correctly got just the 3 Existing Domains returned.
I also checked metabase.xml and there is no reference to old domain

However, When I send a test email from within our company it goes to the local mailbox of the old email address instead of going externally
to the new company?
If I remove the users completely and send a test email , I get a bounce back straight away saying user doesn't exist?

If I send test email from external email eg Gmail.. Then the email does go correctly to the new company..

Exchange is still acting like it owns the old domain..!!!

There are numerous people with this issue on the forums but none of their solutions have worked for me..

Please help..

Ray..
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange server still acts authoritative for remove... - 10.Feb.2011 9:02:01 PM   
dattatray

This is happening because even if you remove the accepted domain from Exchange, the email addresses that are already stamped on the users do not get removed.

You will either have to remove the emaill addresses manually or use Admodify.

You can also try creating a Send connector to that domain. So exchange will route those emails directly to the internet.

(in reply to rwaldron21)
Post #: 2
RE: Exchange server still acts authoritative for remove... - 11.Feb.2011 4:36:37 AM   
rwaldron21

hiya and thx for the reply..
As per my first explanation I have Removed the old email addresses from any email accounts.
I have even disconnected mailboxes in question that used the old domain.. When I send a test email to a disconnected address I get "The recipient's e-mail address was not found in the recipient's e-mail system"

But exchange should be sending the email outside ?
I suppose I could use a send connecter but this is really just a work around ?
Ray..

(in reply to dattatray)
Post #: 3
RE: Exchange server still acts authoritative for remove... - 11.Feb.2011 1:58:57 PM   
dattatray

Yes that will just be a workaround. Also check if you have any traces of that domain in ADSI EDit.

(in reply to rwaldron21)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Management >> Exchange server still acts authoritative for removed accepted domain Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter