• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Journal Recipient Removed but Still Receives Messages

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Compliance >> Journal Recipient Removed but Still Receives Messages Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Journal Recipient Removed but Still Receives Messages - 14.Feb.2011 3:10:16 PM   
agentace@gmail.com

Greetings,
I'm wondering whether anyone has encountered this behavior before or has any idea why this is happening. Environment information: Exchange 2007 SP3 SCC mailbox server running on Windows 2008 Server Enterprise SP2. CAS/HTS role running on Windows 2008 Server R2.

The Cause:
I mistakenly added a distribution group as the journal recipient on a database (yes, I had a derp moment). After a few minutes, the members (thankfully myself and another staff member) of the group began receiving copies of all messages for the users in that database. After realizing what I did, I removed the distribution group from the journal recipient field and unchecked journal recipient.

The Result:
Unfortunately, after doing this, we were still receiving copies of the messages. This went on for approximately 10 minutes after I removed the journal recipient. I did not replace it with another journal recipient. I disabled the mail features for the group, which stopped any further messages from occurring. I verified that the journal recipient was removed and disabled. I also ran the EMS command to set the journal recipient on a database to $Null. I also verified that there are no Journaling Rules under Organization Configuration > Hub Transport > Journaling. However, after waiting for an hour and a half, I reenabled the mail features for the group and we started receiving messages again after 15 minutes.

The Solution:
At this point I'm at a loss. I read through several articles about disabling message journaling on Exchange 2007, but none of them seemed to give any further information than what I've already tried. Do you think it would be simpler just to create another group and ban the existing one from ever having the mail features enabled, or is there something I'm missing?

I appreciate any insight and help anyone has to offer.

< Message edited by agentace@gmail.com -- 14.Feb.2011 3:16:26 PM >
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Compliance >> Journal Recipient Removed but Still Receives Messages Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter