• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Outlook looking for a SSL Cert that is not longer there?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Management >> Outlook looking for a SSL Cert that is not longer there? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Outlook looking for a SSL Cert that is not longer there? - 15.Feb.2011 9:15:32 AM   
cjoyce1980

Every time we start up outlook, we get a Security Alert message box informing us that "the security certificate has expired or is not yet valid"

on investigation the SSL cert that is have listed is no longer present on the exchange server and had expired middle of last year. new ones have been created, but no avail.

Any Clues?
Post #: 1
RE: Outlook looking for a SSL Cert that is not longer t... - 15.Feb.2011 9:24:07 AM   
de.blackman

So you changed the certificate on the exchange server but did you register the new certificate with the correct services?

Enable-ExchangeCertificatehttp://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997231(EXCHG.80).aspx

Ibrahim Benna - Microsoft Exchange MVP
Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to cjoyce1980)
Post #: 2
RE: Outlook looking for a SSL Cert that is not longer t... - 15.Feb.2011 10:21:14 AM   
cjoyce1980

Yeah, Tried that I have IMAP, POP, IIS, SMTP enabled.

its like the new cert can not be found, it keep tell me the old one is invalid and present, but it's not where in the local cert in the local PC or the server :(

(in reply to de.blackman)
Post #: 3
RE: Outlook looking for a SSL Cert that is not longer t... - 15.Feb.2011 10:30:26 AM   
de.blackman

have you tried running get-exchangecertificates to see which ones are truly there?

Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to cjoyce1980)
Post #: 4
RE: Outlook looking for a SSL Cert that is not longer t... - 15.Feb.2011 10:50:58 AM   
cjoyce1980

yes! the one outlook 2007 reports as not valid is not present at all.

this is confusing me just as much as you

Post #: 5
RE: Outlook looking for a SSL Cert that is not longer t... - 15.Feb.2011 11:53:00 AM   
de.blackman

How many servers running the CAS role do you have? Make sure you check all of them for this certificate. Also have you tried restarting the Exchange services on the CAS servers?

Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to cjoyce1980)
Post #: 6
RE: Outlook looking for a SSL Cert that is not longer t... - 16.Feb.2011 5:11:38 AM   
cjoyce1980

just the one CAS server... and the exchange servers were both restarted last night and the issue is still present

Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Management >> Outlook looking for a SSL Cert that is not longer there? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter