• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Public folder migration - SBS 2003 to SBS 2011

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Migration >> Public folder migration - SBS 2003 to SBS 2011 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Public folder migration - SBS 2003 to SBS 2011 - 15.Feb.2011 12:04:31 PM   
outstream

Hi All,

I am in the process of doing a test migration from SBS 2003 to SBS 2011.

At the moment I am on the stage to replicate public folder store from SBS 2003 to SBS 2011. I have done "Move all replicas" on SBS 2003 side of the stuff. It showed me moving all the public folder hierarchy nicely.

On the replication bit itself, i`ve been issuing Get-PublicFolderStatistics -Server <servername> on SBS 2011 side of things, time to time and have been observing changes in itemcount. However, this carried on happening for just a little amount of time. Now since last three hours there hasnt been any change in itemcount on SBS 2011.

On SBS 2003, I have now set the replication bit "Always run" replication interval "5 mins" and Message size "524288" (.5 gb)

I have mirrored same settings on SBS 2011 side of things.

In addition to that, I`ve got the replication priority set as "Urgent"

At 2010 side of things, when I do Get-PublicFolder \ -Recurse, I do see all the public folders listed and their hierarchy.

Moreover, I enabled diagnostic and logging bit on both servers for Replication Errors, Replication Conflicts, Replication outgoing messages etc. In events logs I can see messages coming and going fine.

Now well the problem is, this all seems so slow, and the item count in the output for Get-PublicFolder Statistics doesnt show up as increasing. Its been in this condition since last 24 hours now.

Is there any way that I can force the replication to occurr instantly. something like gpupdate /force? :D

While googling I came across some posts where people have manually exported public folder store using outlook and then imported it on destination server using outlook. Can I do this between exchange 2003 and 2010?

Or any other ideas which might help me in performing quick migration/replication of public folder store?

Thanks all
Post #: 1
RE: Public folder migration - SBS 2003 to SBS 2011 - 15.Feb.2011 2:37:39 PM   
NTElvin

From what I've seen in labs and in my own migration from 2003 to 2010, Public Folders (particularly the Offline Address Book and the Schedule+ Free Busy folders) and can take a long time (sometimes upwards of 48-72 hours) to fully replicate. Let it sit for a day or two and you should be OK.

(in reply to outstream)
Post #: 2
RE: Public folder migration - SBS 2003 to SBS 2011 - 16.Feb.2011 4:13:13 AM   
outstream

Okay, thanks. Waiting, it is then..

(in reply to NTElvin)
Post #: 3
RE: Public folder migration - SBS 2003 to SBS 2011 - 18.Feb.2011 9:24:47 PM   
outstream

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Seems like content replication isnt happening.

I have verified hierarchy replication by creating a new folder on exchange 2003 and then verifying it has been replicated to exchange 2010. The folder didnt have any item in it, so it had 0 items in exchange 2010 end aswell.

However, a whole bunch of other folders have items in them and they are just not replicating any content.

I`ve verified basic smtp connectivity by telnetting from each server to the other one. however, replies to smtp messages werent successful.

how can I troubleshoot this best?

Thanks much

(in reply to outstream)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Migration >> Public folder migration - SBS 2003 to SBS 2011 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter