• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Migrating exchange front end server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Migrating exchange front end server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Migrating exchange front end server - 16.Feb.2011 4:51:42 PM   
hakach

Hi guys,
We have 1 front end mail server doing all the smtp, pop3, activesync, owa, IMAPI. When type in mail.mycompany.com, it will go to the front end. My task is to migrate this Front end server to two other front end servers and share the load of the mail.

FE1 ---> FE2 and FE3

What do I need to setup in order for the other two two servers to take over the first server? How do I configure the DNS so that when others lookup the mail.mycompany.com it will go to those two servers? Is this scenario possible? Thanks for your help!!

FV
Post #: 1
RE: Migrating exchange front end server - 29.Mar.2011 3:26:48 PM   
uemurad

Think of it this way - what would you do if you wanted www.mycompany.com to be answered by more than one physical webserver? You'd need something in front to load balance the requests. That function isn't built into Exchange or Windows. That means either 3rd-party appliances or applications, or via something offered by your DNS hosting service.

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to hakach)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Migrating exchange front end server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter