• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

issues with old exhcange server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Migration >> issues with old exhcange server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
issues with old exhcange server - 21.Feb.2011 5:00:09 AM   
sdubbeld

Hello,

I'm having some issues with my exchange 2010 server.
Recently we've upgraded from exchange 2003 to exchange 2010. I will explain our current situation a bit more before starting with the issues we are experiencing.

We had an old domain controller running with windows server 2003 (s01) and exchange 2003. We've installed a new windows server 2008 (dc001) and promoted this one to domaincontroller and installed exchange 2010 with it. We have migrated all the services to the new server and both the servers are Global Catalog. We've noticed exchange 2010 still depends on some services that are running on the old server, because when we power off the old server exchange stops working.
When I open exchange management shell in exchange 2010 and use the command "get-adserversetings |fl" i get the following settings:

RunspaceId                                 : d3d58400-9959-4e6f-a532-69724d1ee26d
DefaultGlobalCatalog                       : s01**********
PreferredDomainControllerForDomain         : {}
DefaultConfigurationDomainController       : s01***********
DefaultPreferredDomainControllers          : {s01***********
UserPreferredGlobalCatalog                 :
UserPreferredConfigurationDomainController :
UserPreferredDomainControllers             : {}
RecipientViewRoot                          :
ViewEntireForest                           : False
WriteOriginatingChangeTimestamp            : False
WriteShadowProperties                      : False
Identity                                   :
IsValid                                    : True

We would like to see all these settings set to dc001 instead of s01. After i tried to do this with different commands, starting with "set-adserversettings", I can set everything to dc001 except for the defaultpreferreddomaincontrollers. Then after a while all the setting revert back to s01.
I have tried lots of forums to find answers for this issues but none seem te help.

Also when I look in the EMC at the properties of the mailbox server, client acces server, hub transport server and the unified messaging server, I see at the system setting they all use s01 as domaincontroller and global catalog. But i suppose these are the same setting as in the EMS.

I hope someone could help me fix this issue.

With kind regards,

Stefan Dubbeld

Post #: 1
RE: issues with old exhcange server - 21.Feb.2011 3:14:38 PM   
rytmehans

Hi,

Did you also move the FSMO roles to the new server (not that it should matter for this problem, but just checking)

Regards

Leif Pedersen
Exchange MVP

(in reply to sdubbeld)
Post #: 2
RE: issues with old exhcange server - 22.Feb.2011 3:41:59 AM   
sdubbeld

Thank you for your reply,

We did noticed one of the 5 FSMO roles wasn't migrated to the new server. We forgot to change the "Active Directory schema" role.
Now that we've done that, somehow the settings still stay the same. You have some more tips?
I'm all out of options here.. :(

Regards,
Stefan

< Message edited by sdubbeld -- 22.Feb.2011 3:43:31 AM >

(in reply to rytmehans)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Migration >> issues with old exhcange server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter