• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Windows Server Backup Issues

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Windows Server Backup Issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Windows Server Backup Issues - 24.Feb.2011 1:58:12 PM   
NTElvin

We're still in the middle transitioning from Exchange 2K3 to 2K10 SP1 UR2 (we haven’t moved any mailboxes yet). We've setup our DAG (three mailbox servers) and decided to start testing our backup to make sure it was successful and that logs would get flushed.

On all three mailbox servers the database and log files are located on the E: drive. The operating system (2008 R2) and Exchange install are on the C: drive. No anti-virus software installed.

We tried backing up our servers using Windows Server Backup and we're getting the following errors:

Event ID: 565
Source: Backup
Description:
The consistency check for the component 'c15a921b-1dcd-4ec3-9bcc-f9e6fd9340e5'\'Microsoft Exchange Server\Microsoft Information Store\MXMB01' has failed. The application 'Exchange' will not be available in the backup created at '?2011?-?02?-?24T13:14:33.242656300Z'. Review the event details for information about consistency check issues.

Event ID: 2007
Source: ESE
Description:
Information Store (3144) Shadow copy instance 1 aborted.

Event ID: 2034
Source: MSExchangeRepl
Description:
The Microsoft Exchange Replication service VSS Writer (Instance 9fc57e24-f18a-4d05-812e-f5f33686bb3f) failed with error FFFFFFFC when processing the backup completion event.

Event ID: 2038
Source: MSExchangeRepl
Description:
Microsoft Exchange VSS Writer backup failed. No log files were truncated. Instance 9fc57e24-f18a-4d05-812e-f5f33686bb3f. Database b10f6062-92ba-4efa-ac47-a2209034b2fe.

Event ID: 9782
Source: MSExchangeIS
Description:
Exchange VSS Writer (instance 9fc57e24-f18a-4d05-812e-f5f33686bb3f:1) has completed the backup of database 'EXECDB01' with errors. The backup did not complete successfully, and no log files were truncated for this database.

When we first tried running the backup we received the same errors. As per the articles I found, I ran the “vssadmin list writers” command and found that all were stable and showed no errors with the exception of “Microsoft Exchange Replica Writer”. That one had “retryable error”. I rebooted the server and when I ran “vssadmin list writers” again the error had cleared. We tried to run the backup again and, unfortunately, we’re getting the same errors I noted above and the Microsoft Exchange Replica Writer is back at “retryable error”.

Any ideas?
Post #: 1
RE: Windows Server Backup Issues - 25.Feb.2011 9:52:42 AM   
NTElvin

Problem solved as per this thread:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvravailabilityandisasterrecovery/thread/76a0c89b-d050-4d71-8dce-d0d307adfff8

Basically I hadn't made the registry change suggested at the end of this article:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd876851.aspx

(in reply to NTElvin)
Post #: 2
RE: Windows Server Backup Issues - 18.Feb.2015 2:57:18 PM   
eclipse79

hello,
I have the same issue. The second link you provide now contains other informations, not the solution using registry. Could you please help me in finding the solutoin you used?

Thanks

(in reply to NTElvin)
Post #: 3
RE: Windows Server Backup Issues - 20.Feb.2015 10:49:10 PM   
ashwanimandi

I suggest you get away from the non reliable data backup solutions. Your data is sensitive and it needs to be stored only in secured Data storage plan. I recommend you to try Free CloudBacko IT Solution. While choosing a good data storage mode please ensure that it can support your operating system. Free CloudBacko supports Windows, Linux, Mac, etc. You must also need ease and conveniency in storing your data. Free Cloudbacko have these both the features you dont have to install the Cloudbacko you can directly login from your social media account.

(in reply to NTElvin)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Windows Server Backup Issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter