• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Is uninstall and reinstall of Exchange a sensible solution?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Is uninstall and reinstall of Exchange a sensible solution? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is uninstall and reinstall of Exchange a sensible solut... - 25.Feb.2011 11:48:54 AM   
StopTheWorld

Hello,

We are using Exchange 2003 SP2 on a SBS 2003 R2 server. Or I should say, we were using.

Sometime ago we started having problems sending and receiving emails through our Exchange server software. In an attempt to resolve the issue, we went back and forth for weeks in another forum which finally yielded a reply from the person I was working with to seek help by calling Microsoft and paying for it.

Is it reasonable to try to uninstall the Exchange software and reinstall it so that all of the settings and files get back to the way they were before we started having the email problem?

It seems to me that it would take less time and effort to do that rather than trying to troubleshoot a perplexing issue that other people have given up on.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony

Stop The World, I want to Get Off
Post #: 1
RE: Is uninstall and reinstall of Exchange a sensible s... - 25.Feb.2011 12:38:25 PM   
mark@mvps.org

SBS is a tricky beast.
Most of the configurations for Exchange is inside Active Directory so there's not much you can do with the binaries themselves.
You could try, but depending on what the problem is (you haven't said) you could be uninstalling the product when the problem may not even be there.
Did I mention SBS is tricky and you could end up with a lot more pain?

Mark Arnold (Exchange MVP)
List Moderator

(in reply to StopTheWorld)
Post #: 2
RE: Is uninstall and reinstall of Exchange a sensible s... - 25.Feb.2011 12:49:04 PM   
StopTheWorld

Hello Mark.

Thanks for your help.

Yes, i never thought of it, but SBS might not even allow me to uninstall Exchange.

I didn't explain what the problem is, because i did not want to rehash all of the things that we went through to try to resolve the issue. We spent weeks of going back and forth in a troubleshooting effort with no resolution.

At this point, I think we are ready to pay Microsoft what they want to help us fix this problem.

Thanks,
Tony

(in reply to mark@mvps.org)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Is uninstall and reinstall of Exchange a sensible solution? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter