• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

export email based on sender or recipient

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Compliance >> export email based on sender or recipient Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
export email based on sender or recipient - 1.Mar.2011 3:48:55 PM   
anothergeek

I have a need to export email from many mailboxes based on whether or not a given email address is in the sender or recipient.

I have tried the export-mailbox cmdlet to a mailbox/folder, however, since that copies the email, then interrogates it, then deletes, my database logs fill up.

Exporting to PST is unmanagable because export-mailbox creates a pst for every mailbox even if no emails match the critiera.

Is there an easier, less time consuming way or tool to find and export email based on sender and/or recipient email address/
Post #: 1
RE: export email based on sender or recipient - 15.Mar.2011 4:39:47 PM   
n1ghtwish

Best thing I can think of is to run Export-Mailbox with the Target-Mailbox switch, this switch is basically designed to do what you're asking. The only other option might be some kind of 3rd party tool afaik but i'm not aware of any that do as you need.

(in reply to anothergeek)
Post #: 2
RE: export email based on sender or recipient - 12.May2011 4:19:58 AM   
reddawgone

I pretty much need to do the same thing... I have tried the item below with little luck.

I have an Exchange 2007 server with 400 accounts and need to search for a specific sender.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2006/12/18/3397563.aspx

Any ideas?

(in reply to n1ghtwish)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Compliance >> export email based on sender or recipient Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter