• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

POP3 connector & routing of send mail

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> POP3 connector & routing of send mail Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
POP3 connector & routing of send mail - 2.Mar.2011 6:40:48 AM   
keithoxford

Hi All,

New to the forum so please forgive me. I have 2 questions:

1) Which is the better POP3/IMAP connector to use to retrieve our mail from our ISP?
2) Here is the more confusing question. Using SBS 2011, need to start using Exchange as part of SBS 2011. We have hosted POP3 domain for mail. We switch off our servers at night, due to lightening. I know I can retrieve the POP3 mail with a connector but both the Echange domain and our hosted domain is the same "name.com". All mail needs to remain on the POP3 domain so external staff can access off site. BUT, they also need to be defined on the Exchange domain.

So if i send mail to UserA, who is off site, with the same domain as me and I'm on the Exchange box, I need to route UserA mails to the POP3 address but UserA also needs to be defined on Exchange, so he can get mail when in the office. Can use OWA during the day but the server are switched off at night, so can't use it then.

Is there a solution?

TIA

Keith Oxford
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> POP3 connector & routing of send mail Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter