• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Unable to connect outlook via RPC over HTTP

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> Unable to connect outlook via RPC over HTTP Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unable to connect outlook via RPC over HTTP - 3.Mar.2011 12:34:14 AM   
D2011

Hi

Iv'e got an issue on a clients 2003 server. It's a terminal server with outlook 2010 installed. We did have them on our own exchange where there was no issues, but they have since been forced to join their global networks hosted mail solution. So we just handle the client side, not the back end.

Everything was working fine for the past few months & all of a sudden it's like something is broke or has failed.

Tests I have performed so far to isolate the issue are as follows.

1) Change gateways -no go
2) Removed all firewall restrictions - no go
3) Can authenticate via OWA with client details.
4) Can authenticate through my outlook on my W7 client pc no problems.
5) Recreated outlook mail profiles - no connect.
6)Changed DNS to different dns servers. didn't fix it.
7) Modified the registry as described here. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/officeitpro/thread/f69ef8e0-af15-49a5-9f6a-b37574b3e450/ didn't fix it.
8) Ran the exchange connectivity tester & get the following error.

Message: The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly.
Type: System.Net.WebException
Stack Trace:
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at Microsoft.Exchange.Tools.ExRca.Tests.HttpAuthMethodsTest.GetSupportedHttpAuthMethods()
at Microsoft.Exchange.Tools.ExRca.Tests.HttpAuthMethodsTest.PerformTestReally()

Strangely, I get the same error when I run the connectivity tester from my W7 client pc that is working with outlook.

9) Ran outlook,exe /rpcdiag which just says status connecting, but never connects.

Any ideas what to check next or advise the exchange hosting company?
Post #: 1
RE: Unable to connect outlook via RPC over HTTP - 3.Mar.2011 7:08:06 PM   
D2011

It's ok, close this one. I have resolved it.

Not sure why things have changed, but to get them connected again, I went into the more settings tab, then on the general I changed the "seconds until connection timeout" from it's default of 30 secs, to 60 secs.

Then I went to the "connections" tab & the "exhange proxy tab" & ticked the radio button "On fast networks use http". By default only the slow one was ticked, so now both are ticked & are forced to use http.

(in reply to D2011)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> Unable to connect outlook via RPC over HTTP Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter