• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Public Folders not replicating to new server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Public Folders not replicating to new server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Public Folders not replicating to new server - 9.Mar.2011 4:33:46 PM   
garciatdg

I'm follwing instructions to migrate from SBS 2003 to 2003 standard.  When I complete step 1 in the documentation on this website ( http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Migrating-Small-Business-Server-2003-Exchange-Standard-Part2.html)

I have waited two days and the public folders have not replicated. When I create a new folder on the old server, it never appears on the new server.  There are not application event ids.  When I run policytest, it returns that security is setup properly.

I am also able to send mail between users.  Shouldn't I expect to see the same public folders on both servers before I move on to the next step to Rehome the Offline Address Book folder.  We don't even use public folders.

THanks
Post #: 1
RE: Public Folders not replicating to new server - 11.Mar.2011 1:41:24 PM   
garciatdg

I SOLVED IT! 
I figured out what was going on with this and wanted to post for others to know because there is a huge community who have this same problem.

Since I didn't set up this server, I found out that it was configured with a SMART HOST in the virtual smtp server settings.  To fix the folder replication issue, I went to the properties of Virtual SMTP Server, and clicked on Delivery Tab, then Advanced Delivery and removed the smart host entry. 
The other part of it was the SMTP ports were set to 2525 instead of the standard 25.  make sure your smtp ports are set to 25 and remove the smart host setting.
Here is the article that I found, although it speaks to 2003 SBS to 2008 SBS, it provided the solution
http://blogs.technet.com/b/sbs/archive/2009/06/21/sbs-migrations-troubleshooting-moving-public-folder-replicas.aspx

Hope this helps

(in reply to garciatdg)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Public Folders not replicating to new server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter