• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Outlook Anywhere Certificate

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Mobility >> Outlook Anywhere Certificate Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Outlook Anywhere Certificate - 13.Mar.2011 4:35:41 AM   
camputer

I've spent a lot of time over the last couple of months learning Exchange, and with the end in sight, I'm experiencing certificate issues. I have some questions that will be simple stuff for most of you, and based on your answers I may have a few more questions. Thanks to anyone who will take some time to help an Exchange newcomer out. :)

My home Exchange box is set up. Everything works fine inside the network, and everything seems to work outside it, until I add my certificate.

A question: Do I need to have both my internal and external url on the certificate. In an attempt to save a few bucks (remember it's my home Exchange box :) ) I have gone with a simple certificate that shows my external url (ccs-server.mydomain.ca). Of course when I assign the services to that cert and fire up Outlook from within the network, it balks (presumably because ccs-server.mydomain.local isn't on the certificate).

Can I get away with a single name on the certificate or am I stuck paying more money for one with multiple names? Based on your answers I'll post my next question, thanks. :)

Thanks

< Message edited by camputer -- 13.Mar.2011 11:19:28 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Outlook Anywhere Certificate - 13.Mar.2011 12:28:48 PM   
camputer

Well I think this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940726 article has resolved my issue, but I'm still open to responses if anyone has one, thanks.Am testing things now.

(in reply to camputer)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Mobility >> Outlook Anywhere Certificate Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter