• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Email synching with iPhones

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Email synching with iPhones Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Email synching with iPhones - 20.Mar.2011 7:40:45 PM   
pjdouglas35

Hi,

Been asked to look at replacing our Blackberrys with iPhones.

Would appreciate some advice on how I can achieve this.

Thought I might be able to use Mobile Direct Push but apparently this will only work with windows mobile running on the smart phones.

Our setup consist of a Check Point firewall with MIMEweeper in the DMZ and Exchange 2003 sat on our LAN.

Thanks in advance

Paul.
Post #: 1
RE: Email synching with iPhones - 25.Mar.2011 11:38:13 PM   
jasonawinters

It's actually quite easy to setup Exchange 2003 sync with iPhone... if you have OWA already working, then you are 99% of the way there.  From the iphone, go to mail and setup a Microsoft Exchange connection. put in the OWA address as the server address, and fill out the rest of the information such as domain, login, email address, etc. You will need to make sure you have a valid SSL cert on your OWA server (not a self signed cert). Works on iPads as well.

(in reply to pjdouglas35)
Post #: 2
RE: Email synching with iPhones - 31.Mar.2011 8:54:57 AM   
dave_reap

Hi,

I am actually trying to connect an iphone to exchange also. However I have a self signed certificate which i want to use.

I have owa already all installed and rpc http all working on client machines. The problem is the certificate...

Ive been told that I can use the "iphone configuration utility" to create a setup file containing the ssl cert from the server. Upload the setup file to the iphone and this will work.

Has anyone done this before, or am i wasting my time?

Thanks,
Dave

(in reply to pjdouglas35)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Email synching with iPhones Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter