• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Set-Mailbox - Insufficient Rights Error

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Management >> Set-Mailbox - Insufficient Rights Error Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Set-Mailbox - Insufficient Rights Error - 29.Mar.2011 4:51:49 PM   
smiley14

Hi everyone,

We migrated from 2003 to 2010 and decided to use the "Room" type mailbox. However, instead of re-creating the calendar accounts that we already have, we thought of just converting them.

I tried to use the "Set-MailBox mailbox -Type Room" and got the error "Active Directory operation failed on domain controller. Insufficient access rights to perform the operation."

I am part of the domain Admins and "Organization Management" role in Exchange. Is there anything else that I am missing? all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Set-Mailbox - Insufficient Rights Error - 30.Mar.2011 6:50:10 PM   
koconnell

Check that the permissions are properly inherited on the mailbox.  Some of my older accounts did not automatically inherit and gave me errors when attempting to move or change them.  Active Directory Users and Computers > Properties of the affected account > Security > Advanced > check the box for Include Inheritable Permissions for this Object's Parent.

Hope this helps!
Kathleen

(in reply to smiley14)
Post #: 2
RE: Set-Mailbox - Insufficient Rights Error - 4.Apr.2011 10:21:20 AM   
smiley14

Thanks Kathleen! Not sure why I didnt tried that since I had to do that for ActiveSync to work... DUH!

Anyhow, thank you very much! Cheers!

(in reply to koconnell)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Management >> Set-Mailbox - Insufficient Rights Error Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter