• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

DAG Circular Logging and TApe Backup

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> DAG Circular Logging and TApe Backup Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DAG Circular Logging and TApe Backup - 26.Apr.2011 3:39:45 PM   
doeppel

I am going to be implementing Henrik's method of using DAG and a lagged copy for our normal backup routine. We only have a single site so I would like to do a monthly tape backup to store offsite.

Since circular logging is part of his implementation I'm curious as to the best method for getting a tape backup copy. I know I cant backup the passive lagged copy so it will have to be done on the live database. I have been using Yosemite backup although their current version has been giving me strange errors on the 2010 databases.

I can use Windows Server backup but it indicates that I have to disable the Exchange Replication Writer and I think that is required for the DAG.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dave Doeppel
Post #: 1
RE: DAG Circular Logging and TApe Backup - 31.May2011 1:19:14 AM   
Nithin_KS2000

The windows backup should let you backup the active database. And you dont need to stop the repl service for sure. could you let me know the exact error message while taking the backup ?

(in reply to doeppel)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> DAG Circular Logging and TApe Backup Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter