• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange / Outlook / Contact Activities..

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Exchange / Outlook / Contact Activities.. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange / Outlook / Contact Activities.. - 3.May2011 9:01:56 AM   
jmargel

I am having an issue that hopefully you experts can help me with. We are currently using an email program 'Goldmine', however it's over 10 years old and ready to upgrade.

They want to go with the outlook / exchange route. However there is one thing i'm running into. In goldmine they are able to bring up a contact's information and in that information is all the email activity to and from our salespeople. I have a trial of exchange running w/ outlook however when I send an email and go under the contact / activity it only shows the email that was done on that local machine.

How can I set it up so that this can be global? Would BCM work for this? We wanted a hosted exchange server on top of this as well, so right now i'm at a total loss here. Any advice?
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange / Outlook / Contact Activities.. - 3.May2011 9:07:19 AM   
mark@mvps.org

No, this is not the way to go. Goldmine is (well, was!!) a CRM package. It does have a completely different focus on what information it tracks. You can't use Outlook/Exchange as a replacement for Goldmine. Don't even try to kludge anything around it.

Why don't you just go and get an account with something like salesforce.com or whatever? Doing Exchange in the cloud and a CRM package locally, or the other way around for that matter, is going to be a frightening thing to manage.

Mark Arnold (Exchange MVP)
List Moderator

(in reply to jmargel)
Post #: 2
RE: Exchange / Outlook / Contact Activities.. - 3.May2011 10:05:30 AM   
jmargel

Thanks for the reply.. I looked at salesforce.com and they don't seem to be a hosted exchange server (unless i'm missing something).. We aren't looking for a full crm solution, just the ability to view all emails to/from that contact.

(in reply to mark@mvps.org)
Post #: 3
RE: Exchange / Outlook / Contact Activities.. - 3.May2011 10:31:38 AM   
mark@mvps.org

You can't do this in Exchange without a lot of retaining tracking logs and use of 3rd party apps such as Promodag or Quest. Exchange simply isn't built to do this for the user base in the way CRM packages are.

You have to make your mind up. Do you want the functionality that you get in a CRM type package or do you just want to send and receive emails to/from clients.

From what you have written so far, Exchange isn't your future.

Mark Arnold (Exchange MVP)
List Moderator

(in reply to jmargel)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Exchange / Outlook / Contact Activities.. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter