• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Recipient Policies and Multiple Addresses with same Suffix

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Recipient Policies and Multiple Addresses with same Suffix Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Recipient Policies and Multiple Addresses with same Suffix - 27.May2011 1:01:41 PM   
holytoast

Hi, I have a user with multiple email addresses all ending in 123.com. He has selected an address other than the one that was automatically created when he setup his account as the primary SMTP address. So, when his mailbox was created it gave him the address of user@123.com, but he changed the primary to john@123.com. He is under the default recipient policy as it is the only one in the domain. I added a new suffix to the recipient policy, and when RUS ran, it changed his primary SMTP address to user@123.com. I understand that if I changed the primary suffix in the recipient policy it would necessarily change the primary address, but I left the primary suffix the same, and it looks like RUS got confused and automatically picked a different SMTP primary address. How can I stop RUS from changing the primary SMTP address while still adding a new suffix? Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Recipient Policies and Multiple Addresses with same... - 27.May2011 1:17:49 PM   
holytoast

Oops, should have posted this in 2003. I am on 2003. Move if necessary! Thanks!

(in reply to holytoast)
Post #: 2
RE: Recipient Policies and Multiple Addresses with same... - 3.Jun.2011 10:15:10 AM   
holytoast

Bump?

(in reply to holytoast)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Recipient Policies and Multiple Addresses with same Suffix Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter