• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

There already exists an Exchange organization

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> There already exists an Exchange organization Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
There already exists an Exchange organization - 9.Jun.2011 4:56:47 PM   
jai23155

when i am trying to install exchange 2010 on 2008 r2 member server, readiness check is failing at organisation prerequisites asking to modify AD with setup /prepareAD. when i ran prepareAD i get the following error.

Exchange organization name cannot be specified. There already exists an Exchange organization with name 'XXXX'.

i think this is because of my earlier unsuccessful attempts of installing exchange. can someone help me to get pass this. thanks

can i give the other name? or can i delete the organisation from ADSIedit?? what ever it takes, i need to get exchange up n running by this Sunday.

< Message edited by jai23155 -- 9.Jun.2011 5:08:38 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: There already exists an Exchange organization - 9.Jun.2011 11:15:35 PM   
Paul Cunningham

Is there any reason you can't just proceed with the organization name that you've already prepped AD with?

Paul Cunningham
Exchange Server MVP

Exchange 2010 Training

(in reply to jai23155)
Post #: 2
RE: There already exists an Exchange organization - 10.Jun.2011 5:55:53 AM   
jai23155

what do you mean? when i give the command setup /preparead, it is asking for organisation name. when i give the organisation name it says there already exists. a bit confused. could you be more specific please..

(in reply to Paul Cunningham)
Post #: 3
RE: There already exists an Exchange organization - 10.Jun.2011 9:31:34 AM   
Paul Cunningham

You say you've previously tried to install Exchange 2010 in this Forest. So the Forest has already been prepped for Exchange 2010 with an organization name.

I take it this time you're trying to prep it for a different organization name. Is there any reason why you can't just continue with the same organization name as the last time you tried to install Exchange 2010?

It might also help if you included the exact command lines you're running, and the exact error message each one gives you.

Paul Cunningham
Exchange Server MVP

Exchange 2010 Training

(in reply to jai23155)
Post #: 4
RE: There already exists an Exchange organization - 10.Jun.2011 9:56:22 AM   
jai23155

proceeded with the same name. now came across a different error, might have to delete wellknownobjects. will post the results soon. thanks for the help.

(in reply to Paul Cunningham)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> There already exists an Exchange organization Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter